What are you Baking the Week of October 20, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of October 20, 2024?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Kimbob your coffee cake looks perfect, I hope you like it! I made cinnamon rolls again by request for the poker game.

IMG_1429

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Thanks Mike!

kimbob
        Participant

Made butterscotch blondies for my husband.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I got a USA quarter sheet pan today (you can't have too many quarter sheet pans) so I decided to try it out, just to make sure it works, plus I had a box of brownie mix that has an Aug best date that I wanted to use. As I often do, I added a half cup of oats soaked in a half cup of milk. Plus, I replaced part of the oil (used walnut) with buttermilk. If those modifications don't make it a health food, then I don't know what health food is! I usually use a 9x9 aluminum pan for brownies, they baked up pretty fast in the quarter sheet pan, 25 minutes.

brownies

The USA pan is fairly heavy at one pound 12 ounces, as compared to my Nordic Ware aluminum pans at about one pound.

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

Yes, those brownies meet my definition of health food! They have whole grain (oats) and calcium!

I agree that one can never have too many sheet pans of various sizes. I like the heavy ones.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I attempted to bake Mostly Whole Wheat Maple Buttermilk Bread in a 2-part pumpkin mold with mixed results. Details are in the Pumpkin Pan for Bread thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.