What are you Baking the Week of November 1, 2020?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of November 1, 2020?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

Thanks for the pearl sugar link, BakerAunt. It gave me an, "Oh my" moment. My pearl sugar completely coated the centers of the muffins. Around the edges, it was sprinkled properly. I put the sugar directly on the batter, so the sugar adhered to the muffins.

I agree with the writer of the link that cardamom goes great with citrus. When I make Oatmeal Coffee Cake, I use cardamom even though it's not in the recipe and the orange flavor comes from orange oil (KABC).

Italiancook
      Participant

I have Sara Moulton's Shortbread cooling for the freezer for future strawberry shortcakes. I mixed the dry ingredients 2 days ago and set aside with a lid on the bowl. The recipe says to brush biscuits with milk before baking. I've never done that before. Because it was so late when I started, I didn't feel rushed and used the milk. I don't like it. The tops are more brown than I prefer.

Mike, I found the edit button. It's now at the top when it used to be at the bottom. Sure took me a long time to find it!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Italiancook.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

On Saturday I made a batch of my sandwich buns. I started on a bag of Whole Foods 365 brand of whole wheat flour that I bought when finding KAF was impossible. I've used it in two batches now. It rises and bakes just as good as the KAF WWW which is my usual. The only difference that I can tell is the darker color. I haven't noticed any difference in flavor but my recipe only uses part whole wheat.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.