What are you Baking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of June 4, 2023?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No immediate plans here.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I'm down to my last sandwich bun so I'm making a batch right now.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Tuesday, I made dough for my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers. I will bake them at the end of the week.

skeptic7
          Participant

I did Mrs. Cindy's chocolate cherry bread. I used KAF all purpose flour instead of bread flour and left out the chocolate chips. It turned out a very light brown, I thought it would be darker, and mildly sweet. I baked it in a 9x13 pan getting a very flat bread about 2 inches high that I cut up in squares instead of a loaf. It cooks faster which is an advantage in summer time.
            I might have to buy a new range/oven combination as my father's stopped working a couple of times while this was baking. My father bought this used from a neighbor some years back but was feeling very put upon when I told him it would have to be replaced. He uses the oven very little so since the range works he doesn't feel the urgency of getting a new one.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made a batch of Maple Granola, a staple in our house, on Wednesday.

chocomouse
              Participant

I made another batch of the chewy peanut butter cookies; as usual, I doubled the recipe, and added a couple handfuls of chocolate chips.

I also made focaccia. This time I added Vermont Cheese Powder, onion, and garlic to the dough, and topped it with flaked Maldon sea salt and Penzey's Foxpoint seasoning. We'll have it with leftover pasta for dinner tonight.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I made our monthly sourdough pan pizza with the usual toppings for dinner on Friday.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I made the strawberry glazed Texas sheet cake today (1/2 recipe), pictures in cake thread.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

No strawberries have shown up yet at our farmers' market.

After two days of teatime with no cookies (the horror!), on Saturday, I baked Lemon Pecan Biscotti. It is my Lime Pecan Biscotti recipe with lemon zest and juice instead of lime.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I'm making a batch of rye/semolina/wheat buns.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.