What are you Baking the Week of December 19, 2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of December 19, 2021?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I liked the video but I wouldn't attempt them.

I baked a pumpkin pie from KAF and it turned out very good,they say to make up the pie filling and let set overnight before baking but I didn't do that.My pie crust was good and flaky too.

chocomouse
      Participant

Huge sale at KABC!! Lots of good flours on sale! Harvest Grains, First Clear, Super 10, Artisan Bread, most are about 5.00 off. I'm worried, because often this means they are going to/have discontinued that item. I just resupplied a couple weeks ago, but I can make room in my freezer and will go back there this week -- after I call to make sure the sale price applies to in-store purchases.

Italiancook
        Participant

Thanks for the sale notice, chocomouse. I was really torn by the price of the Harvest Grains, which I've never used. I considered it for a long time before deciding not to buy. Right or Wrong?: I think Harvest Grains would only work taste-wise with whole wheat flour. I don't bake with whole wheat.

chocomouse
          Participant

Oh, I'm sure the Harvest Grains mix would be terrific in a "white" (AP) sandwich bread! It would add both nutrition and flavor. I see KABC has a recipe for Harvest Grains Bread that calls for 2 1/2 cups bread flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat. You could just use all bread or AP flour instead. I usually use 2 cups AP and 2 cups whole wheat with 3/4 cups of the grains mix to make 2 loaves. Do you use white whole wheat? You could try that, too.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.