What are you Baking the Week of December 12, 2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of December 12, 2021?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Lodge makes a couple of pans that might work for you Mike. They have a 10 inch skillet that has short handles on either side. I'm debating about getting that one, thinking that the two handles would make it easier to lift than the one I have which has a long, 6" plus, handle. They also make a 9" pie pan which might work also.

skeptic7
      Participant

Bread can be baked in a dutch oven, or a slow cooker without taking off the lid. The dough does lose moisture as it cooks but that puddles to the bottom of the pan. I think taking the top off a Dutch oven or a Clay baker in an oven is to improve the color. Since I normally use whole wheat flour I don't worry about the color.
        I went to look at the lodge site to see their pie pan and the baking skillet. These do look nice.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made Stollen from Peter Reinhart's Baker's Apprentice book. For the dried fruit I used 2 cups of KAF fruitcake blend and soaked it in 3 ounces of rum for a day. The recipe calls for 4 ounces of rum or brandy but I have found the 3 ounces is the right amount. I subbed walnut oil for the butter. It's going to be a day or two before I slice into it but am looking forward to it.

chocomouse
          Participant

I made 2 loaves of buttermilk oatmeal bread. And I have the filling made and the dough chilling for Pecan Tassies, a recipe from lsb on the Old Baking Circle.

BakerAunt
            Participant

posted in wrong thread

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.