“Saucy Nugs”

Home Forums General Discussions “Saucy Nugs”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

One of Mike's neighbors!

Have to admire the man's passion!

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

As a retired English professor, I agree with him on inexact word usage.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Well, that's why the chickens can't fly.

What about buffalo wings? I've seen many a buffalo on TV and never saw any that had wings. If they did have wings, those things would be huge!

chocomouse
          Participant

Funny, Len! I had a student many years ago, he was about 22 at the time, who was a really nice guy, but clearly suffered from a lack of "cultural learning" -- the kind of information you just pick up along the way. He had a tremendous amount of U.S. geographic knowledge, which he learned in his favorite classes in elementary school - geography, so he was not incapable of learning. Part of my job was to teach him some of the important life information that he lacked. Buffalo wings was a part of that!! Yes, he knew chickens had wings, but these restaurants are serving up buffalo wings. He didn't know buffaloes have wings. And he wanted to know if I had ever seen a buffalo fly? It was so hard for me to keep a straight face; I quickly segued to talk about the buffalo statues which are along one of the NY Thruway exits to Buffalo. But he was completely serious.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

You should have told him about Jackalopes.

Can't say I know the person who started it though I think I've met his father, who is on the City Council.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.