Sad Findings

Home Forums General Discussions Sad Findings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

Many years ago. on the old BakingCircle, I met a dear lady, Jozy. She wrote me often and we shared lots of common interests. She'd get to thinking of someone she'd seen online and ask me about them.

I heleped her cope with her husband's battle with cancer and death and she tried to help me cope with my husband's stroke and ongoing disability. She sent me beautiful cards. She loved to shop for cards for so many friends.

I'd not heard from her like usual this late summer/fall. I decided to search on her name and obituary and found the sad news right away.

https://www.brooksidefuneral.com/obituary/joann-lavassar-frazier

She loved to visit with MtsCindy as they shared the same last name. She called KP and visited with him a lot. I know of several others she visited with so I wanted to let everyone here know.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by S_Wirth.
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Thanks for the news on Jozy,I remember the name but didn't know her.Prayers for her family.

chocomouse
        Participant

I'm sorry to learn of Jozy's passing. I make her Rhubarb Streusel muffins every spring.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I emailed with Jozy occasionally, but we lost touch when my ATT account was shut down. Thank you for letting us know, S. Wirth, and for posting the link to the obituary.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I remember Jozy, though I didn't interact with her much. Sorry to hear of her passing.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I didn't know her but I'm sorry to learn of it.

BakerAunt
                Participant

She did post here a bit, the last time was June 2019.

Navlys posted a cookie recipe from her.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

I communicated with her for a while after Cindy died - funny, I just saw her name pop up in my email list a few days ago. Sad to hear, but what a lovely tribute and I'm glad she had friends around at the end.

navlys
                    Participant

I really liked her chocolate chip cookie recipe. It was so different than your everyday cc cookie IMHO.

Sorry to read she passed but it seems she lived "the good life".

ancameni
                      Participant

I am seeing this post nearly 18 months after her passing and over a year since this post. The pandemic had me totally stressed with work and all. Today, for May Day, I made DVDLEE's strawberry shortcake and reminisced about the old baking circle and all of you, and realized i had not heard from her in long while. Very sad to read this.

chocomouse
                        Participant

So nice to hear from you, ancameni. We don't have new strawberries here yet, but do have lots of young rhubarb. I was just looking through my rhubarb recipes yesterday and saw the muffin recipe from Jozy. They are on my to-bake list now. We'd love to hear more about what you are baking these days.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.