Merry Christmas to One and All!

Home Forums General Discussions Merry Christmas to One and All!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

I hope that you all have a wonderful, peaceful and safe day no matter how you are celebrating this year!

We will only be two of us now. Will’s friend’s car died an hour out of Augusta (he had a couple more hours to get here). Fortunately it was in morning yesterday, but it was drizzly rain - he’s going to try for New Year’s.

Have already FaceTimed with New Zealand and it is the 26th there but he sent a gorgeous picture of the Christmas sunset to our family chat.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Merry Christmas everyone! We awoke to a light dusting of snow and some patches of ice beginning to form on the lake. Midmorning there is light snowfall here. We have not had a white Christmas for several years. It is 12F here, so I'm not sure there will be a Christmas walk. We have Zoom plans with the three kids in our early evening, and plans to Zoom with my husband's cousins this weekend.

chocomouse
        Participant

We are not allowed to mix households, here in Vermont, so it is just the two of us. I miss the kids and grandkids and the hilarious time we have opening gifts. It has rained and been in the 50s for the last 24 hours, so all of our 16 inches of snow has disappeared. I just put the ham in the oven, and with it we will have potato gratin and broccoli salad.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and a happier New Year!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Merry Christmas to you all!Just the two of us also very quiet and peaceful day.Lots of remembering times of our past.We've had some of the coldest weather we've had.It was 29* this morning.Ya'll can keep all that snow because we don't want it.It's only snowed here a few times in my life.

kimbob
            Participant

Happy day after Christmas. It was a quiet day for the 3 of us. Like chocomouse, we woke up to 61 degrees here in the mid hudson valley and the 14 inches of snow we got last week is gone. Got 1.5 inches of rain. Took Shorty to the park, had some mulled wine, knit for a bit, watched White Christmas on Netflix. All in all, a fine day.

cwcdesign
              Participant

And, as Joan said, here in Georgia it was 34 - it was warmer at my brother’s in Massachusetts. At least today it got back up into the 50s. Went back to work yesterday, today off and we have inventory tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.