Leftovers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

Just watched "best leftovers ever". (Netflix) It made me grimace. It was incredible or should I say non-credible. The hosts, the set, the premise...I could go on. I was actually embarrassed but I don't know for whom! There were no commercials but I think commercials would have made it easier to swallow.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

based on your description, I can't decide if I want to watch it (to see a train wreck?) or say thanks you saved me some time 😁

navlys
        Participant

Definitely giving this subject more than it deserves but I remember why I watched the whole show. One of the hosts was sharing tips ie. that one cup of pureed avocado can replace one cup of butter in baked goods ( got that BA?) and the best one.... that you can press leftover french fries in a waffle iron!!!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've heard about substituting avocado for butter before, they're high in monounsaturated fat, which is better than most other fats, at least in moderation. But you'd have to like the taste of avocado, my wife can't stand them. (I eat them when they're part of something I order but I don't buy them.) I don't think they'd make good cookies, for example.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I actually like the idea of a show about creative use of leftovers, posts here show that many of us have a lot of great ideas for using them.

However, I'm not sure how you make that a sustainable TV show. Even Alton Brown started to run out of things to say after a while.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Somewhere I have a supposedly vegan recipe (would depend on the chocolate) for fudge that uses avocado. My husband said, "Don't go there!" Supposedly, avocado has a neutral flavor, but as I like the taste of avocados, I would disagree. I confess to buying and eating whole avocados--hey, I have to eat the whole one at a time because they don't keep. πŸ™‚

I'm bemused by the avocado toast craze. Just eat the avocado! I do like it in some of the sandwiches I've ordered in the past, and I adore guacamole, although, as the chips that go with it are not a health food, I stick to the pure avocado.

chocomouse
                Participant

I also cannot stand avocados! I think it's the texture. But not sure I've had one in my mouth long enough to figure out if I like the taste or not! I have a lot of trouble with the texture of foods.

Italiancook
                  Participant

I always eat the whole avocado, but I try to buy the small ones, not the gigantic ones. I eat them plain with plenty of salt, usually as an afternoon snack. I really don't like them, but the salt eliminates the flavor. I eat them because they're healthful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.