King Arthur Flour Recall

Home Forums General Discussions King Arthur Flour Recall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

From an email I got this morning:

As a valued King Arthur Flour customer and member of our baking community, we'd like to make you aware that we have voluntarily recalled a limited quantity of 5 lb. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour bags from six specific LOT codes:

BEST USED BY 12/07/19 LOT: L18A07C
      BEST USED BY 12/08/19 LOTS: L18A08A, L18A08B
      BEST USED BY 12/14/19 LOTS: L18A14A, L18A14B, L18A14C

More details available at Flour Recall

Spread the word
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Yes. I received this too. E. coli concern it seems.

Do they not mill their own flour? Do they buy the wheat and have someone mill it to their specs? I am curious about their operation and what I took for granted to be true.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Aaron,I think they contract with farmers to grow the wheat varieties they want. My father in law was in the tomato business, he owned and operated a greenhouse. He had a contract with the tomato processor and they would tell him what varieties they wanted. They would visit the greenhouse to make sure certain things were up to standard. But that didn't guarantee they would buy his product, they would inspect and cherry pick the tomatoes and there was one year they refused the tomatoes grown in that locality from all the growers.

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

Thanks Len.

They've written blog pieces about contracting with the farmers and going to the Midwest to look at wheat crops. There is some small amount of wheat production here in New England but nothing on the scale of the middle of the country.

But the recall is in association with ADM Milling (Archer, Daniels, Midland?) so are they contracting that too?

BakerAunt
            Participant
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.