Happy Birthday Swirth

Home Forums Member News Happy Birthday Swirth

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    buttercup
    Participant

I want to wish you a Happy Birthday Swirth and many, many more. Hope it's a wonderful day and year for you.

Spread the word
      omaria
      Participant

Dear Swirth,
        Happy happy birthday. I hope all your feathered friends will serenade you today !

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Happy Birthday, Sarah! Stay dry!

Nina Beyt
          Participant

Happy Birthday, Sara, Keeper of the Faith. Bless you and keep you around forever.

S_Wirth
            Participant

Thanks to all of you for the nice birthday wishes! We have had storms much of the day and I'm just getting online for the first time today. We have rain/storms in the forecast for the next seven days and it seems like it has rained 90% of the days this year. I'm 67 today and am grateful for every day I get to wake up again.

Italiancook
              Participant

We haven't officially met yet, S_Wirth, but I join the others in wishing you Happy Birthday! In honor of your special day, I posted a recipe for Chocolate-Banana Bars as a gift to you.

omaria
                Participant

That is so cute Italiancook, to give Swirth a birthday present. She is our treasure. We all depend on her for so many things. I tell you, we are very lucky to have her !

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We've gotten about 2 inches of rain in the past 2-3 hours, but our weather usually tracks north of you. It's been raining all week and it looks like rain on and off for both of us through the weekend and into next week, wonder if it'll affect the Indy 500 on Sunday?

This weekend is my wife's annual Memorial Day Weekend garage sale, looks like it'll be a soggy one.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                    S_Wirth
                    Participant

Italiancook...thanks for the nice birthday wishes and for the recipe. That sounds really good! I have enjoyed reading your posts here and am glad to have
                      you here with us. I live in Southeast Illinois in the country. I grew up on a 160 acre dairy farm where we milked, at most, 100 Jersey and Guernsey cows. I've been married for 49 years in a few days. My husband taught elementary school for 40 years. He retired ten years ago and has driven a school bus almost every day those ten years. He started driving a school bus in 1978 so he could take his kids on educational field trips.

Looking forward to reading many more of your posts!

cwcdesign
                      Participant

Happy Birthday Sarah! I'm a little late to the party, but I hope you have a wonderful day and many more

S_Wirth
                        Participant

Mike...they have rain on the next seven days for us. They had said Sunday would be less rainy but tonight they said there is a better chance of Sunday rain. Sure hope they get the race in. Lots of $$$ spent to enjoy the race.

It is getting dire around here for the farmers with all the rain for months. They get government payments for acres not planted due to weather but with fewer acres planted the price of foods will certainly increase a lot. I think for corn crops, planting after June 6 the yields go down a lot each day after that. It gets too hot during pollination times when planted later.

Hoping the garage sale won't be a washout. Maybe folks will come out just to do something besides watch it rain.

S_Wirth
                          Participant

Thanks Carol, I appreciate your kindness!

Italiancook
                            Participant

S_Wirth, I'm in a hurry to unload and load the dishwasher, so I'll just quickly say: I grew up on an orchard. I have no idea how many acres. As a child walking all around it, the acreage seemed huge. In actuality, I'm sure it was not. Several types of apples, three types of cherries, peaches that usually didn't survive the last frost, pears that did, and strawberries. I also had a river, a creek and lots of woods to explore. Wouldn't trade those explorations for anything earthly. Married shorter time than you, but to the same man. Off to the dishes!

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Happy Birthday, Swirth! We just arrived in northern Indiana this evening. We had clear weather driving across Illinois (through Urbana-Champaign). Here it is dry, so the rain did not come this far north.

wonky
                                Participant

Happy Birthday Sarah. Sorry this post is late. I had appt's yesterday, and did not get home until 10:00 PM last night. You mean so much to all of us, and you are so vital to keeping us all in touch. Blessings, and many, many more birthdays to celebrate to come. Wonky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.