Free Access to Bread Symposium Presentations on YouTube

Home Forums General Discussions Free Access to Bread Symposium Presentations on YouTube

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dear Fellow Bread Lovers,

Now that the 2021 "On the Rise" Johnson & Wales International Symposium on Bread has ended, we have set up a YouTube Channel for unlimited viewing of all the presentations, including from previous symposium events. On this channel, you will find video recordings of every session, including formal presentations, interviews and conversations with sessions, demos, and panel discussions. This is a treasure trove of archival material on every aspect of bread. I suggest you subscribe to the channel (it's free) so that you can have instant access to the recordings and, also, to the full list of titles (you can always just do a YouTube search by name or title "JWU Bread Symposium", but that will be a longer process). To visit the channel Click Here.

The 2021 Symposium was a one of a kind event, spanning five months of twice weekly sessions, each approximately one hour in length. Many of you receiving this email were present at some or all of them at the time of presentation. For those who were not ticket holders, you can still see the bios and subject lists by going to the Symposium home page at http://www.breadsymposium.com This will give you background and context for the entire program. Those who bought tickets and had log-in privileges can still log in and go to the virtual conference hall lobby and access the archives and recipes throughout the calendar year 2022, at which point we will close down the conference hall (but will still keep the home page available).

There are no immediate plans for the next bread symposium, but we do hope to bring it back in the future. However, this year's program was so exhaustive (about 45 sessions) that I believe it will provide years of timeless, evergreen material for your reference. Please feel free to share this email, as well as the YouTube link, with anyone in your circle of influence.

And, as I wrap up this year's Symposium, a final thank you to our event and technical producers, Ganoid Communications, our marketing and ideation team at Gumbo Marketing, and to all of our sponsors, whose generous support made it possible: Puratos (our Platinum sponsor), Central Milling, Lindley Mills, Ardent Mills, MockMill, Fire Within, Food First/ProBiotein, WP Bakery Group, Allied Bakery and Food Service Equipment, and Big Green Egg. Also, thank you to our incredible roster of presenters. They represent an unprecedented gathering of global thought leadership in the world of bread. And, finally, thanks to all of our over 500 ticket holders and attendees, for your enthusiastic support of this unique marathon symposium. And now, the world can enjoy these presentations forever, via our YouTube Channel.

Sincerely,
      Peter Reinhart
      Executive Director

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

There were several sessions dealing with sourdough that I highly recommend, I plan to watch them again, probably several times. They changed what I thought I knew about sourdough!

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Thanks for the information Mike,I'll check this out.

chocomouse
          Participant

Yes, thanks Mike! I'm looking forward to checking out some of the presentations.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Thanks Mike! I will have to share with Will

RiversideLen
              Participant

That sounds very interesting, I'm going to check it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.