Covid-19 Discussions and Stories

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 2BakerAunt
    Participant

Cwcdesign–I will keep your mother in my prayers.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 3Joan Simpson
    Participant

Cwcdesign prayers for your mom and for you not being able to see her.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 4cwcdesign
    Participant

Thank you

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 5chocomouse
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom, cwcdesign. Not being able to visit makes it so much more difficult to cope with. My thoughts are with you.

Participant

Thank you chocomouse. I did get to go say goodbye yesterday afternoon since they were transferring her to comfort care for end of life care. She deteriorated fairly quickly and there were no heroics which was her wish as she told the doctor who then confirmed it with me. When she was asked if there was anything she wanted she said “a Vodka Martini.” By the time I got there she was sedated, but she knew I was there. It was very hard not being able to touch her or hug her. Around noon, the doctor said it could be hours.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 7S_Wirth
    Participant

I’m so sorry to learn of your mom’s quickly failing health, Carol. I will be thinking of you and the boys in the days ahead. This darned Covid-19 makes everything all the more difficult in situations like this.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 8aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

CWC, I am sorry to hear about your mom.

Participant

Thank you all. My mom passed at 3:25 this morning. She was comfortable and sleeping and now she is at peace. I am relieved and sad.

We have requested a confirmation test because of the people who were in contact with her. I also need to find out if I need to self quarantine because I was at the hospital. I followed all the procedures there including sanitizing our hands before we left the room after disrobing the gown and gloves and then washing our hands. When I got out of the hospital I tossed the mask they had given me and sanitized my hands when I got to the car. I then showered and tossed everything I’d had at the hospital including my purse (which didn’t go in the room) and my shoes in the wash. I hope it’s enough

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 10Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Sorry for your loss, I hope your measures were sufficient.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 3Joan Simpson
    Participant

Cwcdesign prayers for you and your family in the passing of your Mom.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 2BakerAunt
    Participant

To say goodbye to your Mon was important for both of you. It is excruciating in this time of Covid-19 that doing so creates anxiety beyond grief. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Covid-19 Discussions and Stories 13Italiancook
    Participant

cwdesign, I give you my condolences.

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.