Covid-19 Discussions and Stories

Home Forums General Discussions Covid-19 Discussions and Stories

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 268 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Cwcdesign--I will keep your mother in my prayers.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Cwcdesign prayers for your mom and for you not being able to see her.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Thank you

chocomouse
          Participant

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, cwcdesign. Not being able to visit makes it so much more difficult to cope with. My thoughts are with you.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Thank you chocomouse. I did get to go say goodbye yesterday afternoon since they were transferring her to comfort care for end of life care. She deteriorated fairly quickly and there were no heroics which was her wish as she told the doctor who then confirmed it with me. When she was asked if there was anything she wanted she said "a Vodka Martini." By the time I got there she was sedated, but she knew I was there. It was very hard not being able to touch her or hug her. Around noon, the doctor said it could be hours.

S_Wirth
              Participant

I'm so sorry to learn of your mom's quickly failing health, Carol. I will be thinking of you and the boys in the days ahead. This darned Covid-19 makes everything all the more difficult in situations like this.

aaronatthedoublef
                Participant

CWC, I am sorry to hear about your mom.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Thank you all. My mom passed at 3:25 this morning. She was comfortable and sleeping and now she is at peace. I am relieved and sad.

We have requested a confirmation test because of the people who were in contact with her. I also need to find out if I need to self quarantine because I was at the hospital. I followed all the procedures there including sanitizing our hands before we left the room after disrobing the gown and gloves and then washing our hands. When I got out of the hospital I tossed the mask they had given me and sanitized my hands when I got to the car. I then showered and tossed everything I’d had at the hospital including my purse (which didn’t go in the room) and my shoes in the wash. I hope it’s enough

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Sorry for your loss, I hope your measures were sufficient.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Cwcdesign prayers for you and your family in the passing of your Mom.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

To say goodbye to your Mon was important for both of you. It is excruciating in this time of Covid-19 that doing so creates anxiety beyond grief. You and your family remain in my prayers.

Italiancook
                          Participant

cwdesign, I give you my condolences.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

Thank you all. It means a lot to me.

I finally spoke with the doctor this afternoon and she said it was definitely a full blown case of COVID. All the numbers were high and that’s why everything was shutting down. I did ask If I had to self isolate and she asked if I was dressed in the gown, gloves and N95 and I said yes - she said then I was protected and didn’t need to isolate. I will probably just go to work for the next week or so - we get our temperatures taken every morning before we can work

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I am glad that we have this forum and can offer our support to Cwcdesign. If we lived nearby, we would be showing up with breads and casseroles and comfort.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Ditto to what you said BakerAunt!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 268 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.