Amazon is buying Whole Foods!!

Home Forums General Discussions Amazon is buying Whole Foods!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Amazon is buying Whole Foods, it'll be interesting to see what that does to the grocery industry. (Most grocery store companies stock went down big time on the news today.)

It puts Amazon even more squarely in competition with Wal-Mart.

Spread the word
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Amazon has had grocery stores and even produce stands I Seattle for a while. They may have had them other places as well. And in big cities (or so I hear because I don't live in one of those places) Amazon which do same day delivery to your door of just about anything they sell. In Seattle and NYC Amazon has restaurant delivery as well (maybe Chicago and LA?).

Whole Foods just started a Peapod-like delivery service here (and if they are doing it here they must be doing it other places).

Walmart still has a better selection and better pricing than either Amazon or WF.

Interesting times. Interesting times.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I've seen articles about Amazon's free banana stands outside their buildings. They call the people who work at them bananistas.

You have to be a wary grocery shopper at Wal-Mart, some things are priced noticeably higher than at the grocery stores.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.