$75 for a cup of coffee

Home Forums General Discussions $75 for a cup of coffee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's proof that some people really do have too much money:

$75 cup of coffee

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

This old gal would never pay that for a cup of coffee.We drink a lot of coffee and I like half and half in it,I usually buy Folger's Classic Roast or Colombian.I agree Mike,some people have too much money.

BakerAunt
        Participant

My husband would say that some people have more money than brains.

I like my coffee, but I'm perfectly happy with Peet's French roast, a bag of which lasts me for several weeks.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Sams Club has a bottle of scotch for $1200, which works out to $48-$75 a shot (depending on whether you pour a one ounce shot or a 1.5 ounce shot.)

But I'm neither a coffee drinker nor a scotch drinker, so the subtleties of either would be totally lost on me. I can appreciate a good cup of tea but I wouldn't pay the crazy prices that the high end teas get, either.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I heard about that on the late morning news. Since it's not decaf, I'll have to pass.

aaronatthedoublef
              Participant

I wondered if this were the poop coffee beans but apparently it isn't. I love coffee. I've cut way back since I was sick (I'd been off completely) but I drink a couple cups a week. I do not know if I will ever have enough money to pay $75 for a cup of coffee.

Len, if it were decaf, it would likely be MORE expensive as it requires extra labor to take out the caffeine!

BakerAunt
                Participant

I figured out that I like a dark roast, which is less acidic than a light roast. I've tried the occasional Peet's Christmas and Anniversary coffee, but I keep coming back to the French roast. It's a good roast also for people like me who prefer their coffee without milk or sugar. I use a French Press, make a 14 oz. cup in the morning, and that usually sets me for the day. Sometimes I'll have a smaller cup in the afternoon but more often I have some kind of tea. I always had sugar and milk in the tea, but I've cut the sugar in a 14 oz. cup back to 1/4 tsp. Occasionally I drink green tea--plain without add-ins, and summer brings on the iced tea. I like herbal or decaf teas in the evening.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.