Sat. Oct 3rd, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2026? #50143
    navlys
    Participant

      My baby finger is healed enough to lift heavy pans and so I can cook again. My husband who now realizes the effort it takes to plan, shop and prepare meals every day has agreed to split dinner responsibility 3(me), 2(he) and 2 (out). (He) has a manila folder of his successful recipes. His most successful was a NYT recipe: Honey Chicken with Broccoli. He also made a pretty good American Chop Suey. The green peppers were cut a little too large but edible. One day he practiced chopping an onion following a you tube video! His initial interest in cooking is beginning to wane so I'm going to find some easy recipes for him to try or cut my finger again!

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2026? #50145
      navlys
      Participant

        My baby finger is healed enough to lift heavy pans and so I can cook again. My husband who now realizes the effort it takes to plan, shop and prepare meals every day has agreed to split dinner responsibility 3(me), 2(he) and 2 (out). (He) has a manila folder of his successful recipes. His most successful was a NYT recipe: Honey Chicken with Broccoli. He also made a pretty good American Chop Suey. The green peppers were cut a little too large but edible. One day he practiced chopping an onion following a you tube video! His initial interest in cooking is beginning to wane so I'm going to find some easy recipes for him to try or cut my finger again!

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 16, 2026? #49891
        navlys
        Participant

          Lucky me. I sliced my baby finger's tendon, nerve and artery. I was holding a hoagie roll in my left hand and was slicing the roll horizontally with my sharp bread knife and voila! Now my husband is learning to cook. He has made omelets, chicken fajitas and tuna melts. I think he now appreciates me after all these years.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 28, 2026? #49611
          navlys
          Participant

            I made grilled chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) with an apricot jam glaze. The recipe was from Fine Cooking. I served it with a baked potato and a corn and tomato salad. ( We had a personal tragedy in our family which is why I have been absent. I do not want to go into details.)

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49129
            navlys
            Participant

              A few months back I bought a box of "Camellia" brand cajun style white beans with seasoning. The box was a 5-point freebie from our Giant supermarket. I added sliced Italian sausage and leftover chicken. It was very good.

              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 19, 2026? #49109
              navlys
              Participant

                The focaccia looks fab!

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 26, 2026? #49108
                navlys
                Participant

                  We had a super chicken salad. I baked a bbq sauced chicken breast. I purchased one of those sunflower mixed salads . I added sugar snap peas, diced radishes, tomato slices, fresh basil and the sunflower seeds included in package, diced chicken and noodles for heft. A+

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 19, 2026? #49072
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    My neighbor brought over a large batch of soup. It had a tomato base with mixed veggies, small whole potatoes and meatballs. It was hearty and filling. It just needed some spice which I will add when we have the frozen leftovers.

                    in reply to: Latest éclair shells batch #49071
                    navlys
                    Participant

                      Did you refrigerate the shells overnight too?

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 15, 2026? #48784
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        BA that sounds like a great idea!

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 8, 2026? #48722
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          We went to Guppy's in Indian Rocks (BA you probably have been there) and I had Caesar salad with raw tuna sashimi. My husband had the swordfish wrapped in bacon. Our friends strongly suggested the lobstercargot with lots of butter. I couldn't go there.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 1, 2026? #48641
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            Happy Birthday Joan🎂! Yesterday my husband and I had fish and chips at a great little seafood place in Dunedin. This was after a spring training baseball game game where we almost melted in the sun.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 22, 2026? #48600
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              We had fresh salmon which I baked after a short marinate. I served it with a baked potato and a spinach salad. There is a fantastic fish market here on Gulf blvd in Redington Shores.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 15, 2026? #48549
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                We had leftover steak pieces with seasoned Asian vegetables and a little curry sauce from TJ's. Served this with TJ's organic jasmine rice.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 8, 2026? #48509
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  We had tacos with leftover beef which I had frozen. The beef was spicy but not taco-tasting. I substituted chopped celery for the lettuce. I had wrapped the celery in foil and it had stayed fresh for a couple of weeks. The cucumber I wrapped on the same day was mushy after a week. A lesson learned.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 649 total)