What Did You Bake the Week of September 25, 2016?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What Did You Bake the Week of September 25, 2016?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    luvpyrpom
    Participant

My coworker had brought in these huge zucchinis to work. Over 5 pounds each. So I made 3 loaves of zucchini bread. Still eating the other baked goods I had made the previous week so not much else in baking.

Italiancook, I would love to try the recipe - I had made cranberry-orange sauce last year and froze them in the jam jars. Been thinking of how to use them up and unfortunately, I forgot where I got the recipe for the cranberry-orange relish. I do know it's a cooked recipe. I'll hunt around and see if I can find it.

BakerAunt
      Participant

The nice people at Ocean Spray wrote back to me:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We love to hear from people who are as into cranberries as much as we are. When you purchase Ocean Spray® products you are supporting the more than 700 family farms which own the brand. Ocean Spray takes great pride in manufacturing premium products.

You are correct, we did make the CRANORANGE® cranberry orange relish in a glass jar in the 70's. We are sad to report we are no longer producing CRANORANGE® cranberry orange relish. Although we considered it to be a very fine product, consumer demand was not what we had anticipated. Consequently, a marketing decision was made to stop production. We know it’s frustrating when one of your favorite products are discontinued and we have shared your feedback with our marketing department.

Italiancook
        Participant

luvpyrpom, I'm going to make the Cranberry Banana Nut Bread tomorrow. William-Sonoma's relish has arrived. It won't be a replica of my mom's, because the W-S product also has apples -- dried, I think. Since you're interested, I'll post the recipe tomorrow or the next day, even if it doesn't work for me. You can tinker with it if you want, if I don't have success with it.

Thanks for your investigative work with Ocean Spray, BakerAunt.

cwcdesign
          Participant

That explains it BakerAunt. During the early 79s I was in college and wouldn't have done much shopping. After that our family traditions were such that it would have been either canned (I still prefer it) or homemade so I would not have been paying attention to other products.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.