What are you Cooking the Week of October 30, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 30, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Cross pollination would not have affected the fruits of the plant.

If, however, the original seed came from plants that had cross-pollinated--like those from the pumpkin-spaghetti squash we had last year--then the fruit would be a hybrid.

Written with input from my husband, the plant physiologist.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

In other words, we're all at the mercy of the seed companies to make sure their seeds are what they say they are.

navlys
        Participant

Serious Eats has a very good recipe for roasted delicata squash. Love and Lemons has a recipe for roasted delicata squash with apples. I made the latter but never tried the former.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had fried cubed pork & gravy, leftover rice, cooked one carrot with a half can of garden peas that was leftover.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Dinner on Thursday was Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin with muddled mashed potatoes and microwaved fresh broccoli. I pulled out a small loaf of Whole Grain Cinnamon Zucchini Bread from the freezer for dessert.

chocomouse
              Participant

Even if they did cross pollinate, this year's crop would still be the same as the original that produced the seed.

chocomouse
                Participant

Thanks, navlys, I'll check out those recipes.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had to do some grocery shopping today Publix had KAF on sale buy one get one free so I got 10 pounds for $5.49 the best deal for me.

We had oyster stew for supper.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Joan, that's a really great deal. You should go back and get 2 more bags! $5.49 alone is a deal, we're paying 6.95 in stores around here.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Great deal, Joan!

On Friday I made yogurt.

We had the rest of the turkey, lentil, vegetable, pasta soup for dinner.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had grilled ham & cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup.

I already had 10 pounds of flour but if I had a big freezer I'd bought more for sure.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.