What are you Cooking the Week of October 22, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 22, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We may have one more day of 80's but by next weekend it could hit 28.

Time to start making soups, I probably need to make both chicken stock and beef stock first.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

Just got back from a bus trip to Maine. Had the worst Reuben sandwich I've ever had. The bread wasn't toasted and it dissolved in the sauerkraut. The corned beef was stiffer than cardboard. Oh well. Last night we had chicken thighs marinated in Japanese bbq sauce, with roasted asparagus and baked potato.

l

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Going to Maine for a Reuben is like going to North Dakota for a lobster roll. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

The forecast keeps getting more extreme. Now they're calling for 86 tomorrow but a high of 38 next Sunday and a low of 24!

BakerAunt
            Participant

For Sunday dinner, I roasted three bone-in chicken breasts. I also roasted chunks of purple potatoes, Kennebec potatoes, and carrots, which I sprinkled with Penzey's Sunny Paris near the end of roasting. I call these bone-in chicken breasts, but they are somewhat odd cuts, which may be why they are usually a good price. My husband carves the meat off the bones, which I save for broth, and we have the meat for dinner, and use what is left as an ingredient in another meal.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had salads with lettuce from the Aerogarden, some small tomatoes from the garden and left over eye of round.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had a ham and tomato sandwich with cucumber salad and pumpkin pie.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made pork chops on the grill. I have enough left for a couple of days.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I had a ham and tomato sandwich, cucumber salad and pumpkin pie.Repeat of the same old same old but I like it.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

mac and cheese Monday here

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Joan--There is nothing wrong with repeating a great meal! That's what we did tonight, as we had the leftover pea soup and pumpkin soda bread for dinner. Indeed, the leftovers gave me time to bake the peanut butter honey cookies.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I was out shopping with my friend and we had Waffle House for lunch so a banana and yogurt for my supper.
                            BakerAunt I'm repeating many meals here as it's just me now.My niece is coming for a visit tomorrow and I'm looking forward to some precious time with her.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I made a farro stir-fry for dinner on Tuesday, using the leftover chicken breast meat, carrots, celery, green onion, red, yellow, and purple bell peppers, mushrooms, and turkey broth.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I made coleslaw on Wednesday afternoon. I will be making Crispy Oven Fish and Chips for tonight's dinner, along with the Dill Tartar Sauce.

I also made yogurt today.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're still in leftover mode here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.