What are you Cooking the Week of October 10, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 10, 2021?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had hamburger steaks with some leftover mushroom gravy and fries.

I visited with my sister today,she loved the cookies and all the goodies I took,her daughter and granddaughter came for a little while so she was a happy camper when I left.They are allowing 2 visitors at a time in the rooms now ,we mostly stayed on the porch.It was a beautiful cool day.

BakerAunt
      Participant

For lunch on Wednesday and into the week, I made soup with the Autumn Frost puree that I made yesterday. I had about 4 cups, which I combined with 2 cups of chicken/turkey broth, 1 ½ tsp. Penzey’s Now Curry, and a couple Tbs. of leftover Greek yogurt that I needed to use. The Autumn Frost squash is an acceptable substitute in the soup, but it is not as sweet as butternut squash, nor does its puree have as smooth of a texture. I will probably buy a couple more Autumn Frost to use for soup. The vendor tells me that their experience last year is that the squashes become sweeter the longer they are stored.

For Thursday’s dinner, I used the leftover pork and the drippings from when it was cooked. I chopped carrots, celery, and a red bell pepper from our garden in avocado oil, then added sliced mushrooms and chopped zucchini. I added the drippings, and a heaping ½ tsp. of dried onion that I had rehydrated, the pork, then some farro that I had cooked separately. (I cooked ½ cup dry farro, rinsed first in 1 ¾ cups water.) We have enough for a second meal tomorrow. The idea was to have less grain to more vegetables, and it worked very well.

Dinner on Saturday was panko coated chicken breast cutlets, noodles (Garden Herb Egg Tagliatelli for Aldi’s), and microwaved fresh broccoli.

I also made a batch of yogurt on Saturday. Unfortunately, when we shopped on Thursday in Plymouth, Kroger was out of plain Stonyfield yogurt—something which happens far too frequently.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.