What are you Cooking the Week of November 13, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 13, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a pot roast for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

It's leftover pizza night for our Sunday dinner.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had ham steak, mac and cheese, and leftover roasted root veggies.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made coleslaw on Monday, which we had with Oven Baked Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar sauce.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Last night I had a meatball with pasta and kale.

I made a meatloaf today that's about to go into the oven. I used half ground beef and ground pork. And now that I'm thinking about it I forgot to put the parsley in it. I have some pasta sauce left so I'll have pasta with it and maybe Brussel sprouts.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had oatmeal for supper tonight.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Last night we had chargrilled chicken breast, mashed potatoes and leftover green butter beans and the coffee cake for dessert.Tonight we had breakfast for supper smoked sausage,eggs, grits and toast.

navlys
                  Participant

I had a package of ground pork and mushrooms from 1 year ago. Everyday I went into the freezer I would see that package and wonder what I was going to do with it. (Ok I got it free with a 5 point Giant Freebie.) I witnessed a demo at the Lancaster Food and Wine Event this past weekend whereby the chef sauteed some apples and berries and wine and jam to make a chutney type sauce. So I sauteed some onions and apples added the pork and some wine and a little apple jelly. I added s&p and some various spices hanging in my pantry. I served it over rice. My husband even wanted seconds which is unheard of.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Fried chicken breast,rice and gravy with creamed corn.

Awesome Navlys using up what you have!

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner tonight was a repeat of a meal 2 weeks ago: breakfast sausages, sauteed apple slices with maple sugar and cinnamon, cole slaw, and corn cakes (with fig jam on mine). I could eat this once a week during cold weather. They are predicting 3-5 inches of snow here overnight, our first of the season.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had some fresh warm bread and I had a couple slices of cheese.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We decided to do a big shopping trip to the larger town northeast of us on Tuesday afternoon, so I needed a quick dinner, which meant the stew that I had planned would not work. Instead, I made a turkey-spinach loaf and roasted sweet potato chunks. We also had coleslaw.

I started the meatloaf, which cooks for an hour at 350, then added the pan of sweet potatoes chunks fifteen minutes later. After I took out the meatloaf, I let it stand. I turned up the heat to 375F and roasted the sweet potato chunks for another ten minutes. They came out really well.

We were supposed to have snow today, which is why we did not do the big shopping trip this morning, but our area just got some blowing flakes, and they started predicting the snow for Thursday, so we decided just to go today.

Kroger had turkeys at 69 cents a pound for people with their card. I also found Bob's Red Mill whole wheat flour for $4.99, and the King Arthur was on sale and much cheaper than the price at Walmart.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Just heated up chili from the freezer.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had grilled salmon, mashed buttercup squash, and a green salad. This was our first winter squash from last summer's garden. It was delicious and I'll have plenty to freeze.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I made yogurt on Wednesday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.