What are You Cooking the Week of May 5, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 5, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We will have leftover pizza beans and the rest of the leftover sweet potatoes, so no cooking here tonight.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The day started off great here, today was the Lincoln Marathon and the morning weather was wonderful. It started to heat up in the afternoon. We were just getting ready to have the 'what are we having for dinner' conversation when the tornado sirens went off at about 5:30 this afternoon. For the meterologically inclined, we had a mesocyclone supercell pass through the city a bit north of us. The radar images were really fascinating.

So we relocated to the basement for about 90 minutes. Since it was getting late by the time we were back upstairs, we had a lavash pizza, fast and easy.

A long time ice cream stand in west Lincoln was flattened and there are some other damage reports from areas a bit north and west of us.

The National Weather Service will decide whether there was an actual tornado touchdown, but wind gusts in the 80's were reported, and one report was over 100!

No damage that I can see here, other than a few of our bedding plants waiting to be planted got blown around a bit. We got a little hail and some strong wind gusts, but I don't think enough to cause any roof damage.

S_Wirth
        Participant

Glad you were spared serious damages, Mike; hoping you don't find more tomorrow. Maybe we'll see this storm on the news here in a bit.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Mike I'm glad y'all are OK.Glad you have a basement,wish we did.Not many basements in south Georgia.
            Tonight we had our old standby,Taco Salad.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

No cooking here tonight,I had a sandwich husband made himself soup and sandwich.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

navlys
                Participant

I made HolyYumYum Chicken with Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Easy but tasty.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We're having cheese souffle with mushroom sauce and broccoli.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For Monday’s dinner, I made stir-fry, using leftover pork and the drippings I saved when my husband cooked it last week. I started by sauteeing celery, carrots, and red bell pepper in grapeseed oil, then added mushrooms, then broccoli, before adding the meat and the green onion, along with the drippings. I combined it with soba noodles. All those vegetables really hit the spot, and we have enough for another meal.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Finally back in the kitchen after eating out for a week! I made Greek chicken thighs, white rice with minced onion, orange peppers, and carrots, and candied carrots from the freezer. My cooking skills are rusty - when I thought the meal was ready, I found the chicken meat very red near the bone, and the rice was burned a bit! I turned up the heat under the chicken for another 10 minutes, and the rice turned out OK, a little smoky flavor, but not real burned as I didn't scrape the bottom of the pot!

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had already cooked Lemon Pepper rotisserie chicken from the grocery store,garden pea salad and a baked potato.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

BLT's

skeptic7
                            Participant

I did individual chicken pot pies last night to use up some leftover pie dough. I keep forgetting how time consuming this is to cut up the celery and carrots and onions even when the pie dough is ready. But it tastes so good, even when you have other things that should be done.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had ham fried rice.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Meatloaf, baked potato, and squash. I'm off to another sheep and wool festival tomorrow morning, so leaving my husband with his favorite leftovers! Plus cookies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.