What are you Cooking the Week of May 29, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 29, 2022?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

It was a hot day, with temperatures in the upper 80s. That made it a good day for leftover hamburgers and potato salad. I also made yogurt.

navlys
      Participant

We had leftover tortellini salad with tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella and blueberries. (Had to use them up).

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made chicken pot pie from leftover baked chicken and we had a lettuce and tomato salad with it.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We're having burgers on the grill. I mixed up some five bean salad and will probably taste it at supper, mainly to see if I need to adjust seasonings, but it probably needs to marinate for a day.

BakerAunt
            Participant

It was 72F this Wednesday morning, but then a thunderstorm with rain came through and nicely cooled our area as well as watering our garden. We got an inch of rain. I made my turkey, lentil, vegetable soup for dinner, using chicken broth, water from cooked potatoes, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, ground turkey, Bob's Red Mill Vegi-Soup assortment (red and brown lentils, green and yellow split peas; barley letters), dehydrated onion, Penzey's Ozark Seasoning, and the last of some kale.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm marinating a chicken to go on the rotisserie later this afternoon.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We had leftover turkey, lentils, vegetable, barley soup, served with the rest of the Rustic Sourdough and the loaf of Limpa bread I took out of the freezer.

We also had strawberries--the first of the season were at the farmers' market this morning and I bought two quarts.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Well, if I had any doubts about the need to get a new grill, tonight eliminated them. I had a chicken that was only about 5 pounds, and it took something like 80-90 minutes on the rotisserie. It was good once it was done, though, and we've got plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night.

We wound up eating the strawberry souffle a good half hour before the chicken came off the grill. But as they say, life is short, so eat dessert first!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.