What are you Cooking the Week of May 28, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 28, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Memorial Day is the official start of the picnic season, isn't it?

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Part of Sunday night dinner is in the oven. It will be Oven Crisp Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce. We will also have a tossed salad.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had quesedillas, made with thin sliced leftover pork chops, chopped onion and bell pepper, leftover Cowboy Caviar, and shredded cheddar, in fajita shells.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had melon and salami tonight, along with potato salad.

chocomouse
            Participant

Tonight was clean out all the leftovers from the fridge, so we had cole slaw, bean salad, cowboy caviar, and broccoli salad. We might have to eat leftover leftovers tomorrow night!

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Last night we had hamburger vegetable soup with fresh pimento cheese sandwiches, tonight we had a beef sirloin tip roast cooked with golden mushroom gravy & onion, rice, white acre peas & cream 40's cooked together with boiled okra on top, slice tomatoes,deviled eggs, corn bread and fresh blueberry cobbler. We had to get a new washing machine and my brother & sister in law went with us to get it and helped install it for us as my husband can't do any heavy lifting. So the big meal today was a thank you for all their help.I love my new Speed Queen washer.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had tomato and salami sandwiches for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Joan--Enjoy that new washer. I'm sure your brother and sister-in-law loved that fabulous meal you made for them.

We had leftover roast chicken thighs, leftover "chips" from last night that I re-heated in the countertop convection oven, and microwaved frozen peas.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I made an asparagus frittata to take to my Book Club meeting tonight.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For Tuesday's dinner, I made quinoa salad with green lima beans, corn, and feta. My husband pan-cooked boneless pork slices to go with it.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had chargrilled chicken, left over candied sweet potatoes and butter beans.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had salami and melon again.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I had a pork chop, rice, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.

navlys
                              Participant

I had a chuck roast in freezer so I decided to try Dorie Greenspan's "not your usual beef stew". It called for miso which I have sitting in fridge so I thought why not. Well a whole bottle of wine for the marinade didn't sit well with me so I subbed it with beef broth. Then I got tired reading all the steps and ingredients and just threw stuff from my fridge into the marinade. Then the next morning I dumped the whole thing in my crockpot with a few spices from my pantry. It was not bad.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're having BLTs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.