What are you Cooking the Week of May 22, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 22, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We are thinking somewhat alike, again, Joan. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thursday night dinner was roasted chicken thighs, leftover roasted sweet potatoes, and microwaved frozen peas and carrots

chocomouse
      Participant

Thursday dinner was tuna fish sandwiches on Harvest Grains bread.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Burgers on the grill plus a salad.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

No cooking here tonight I had a tomato,lettuce & onion sandwich my husband had a sub from Fire House Subs.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had chicken kebobs with red peppers and onions, and asparagus, and linguine with parmesan.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Today is National Burger Day, so that's what we're having for supper.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We're saving our burgers for Memorial Day.

For dinner on Saturday, I made our favorite sourdough pan pizza with the usual homemade tomato sauce (using canned tomatoes, since I've exhausted my supply of frozen ones), Canadian bacon, red bell pepper, mushrooms, green olives, mozzarella, Parmesan, and on my half, the addition of black olives.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I'm getting started on making my mother's oil-and-vinegar potato salad, something my mother always made for Memorial Day (the first picnic at our grandfather's cabin outside of town), the 4th of July and Labor Day (towards the end of the picnic season).

chocomouse
                    Participant

We had a thick bean soup, made with a ham bone and a package of "thirteen beans". I will freeze the rest, for last-minute meals on stormy evenings this summer.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had stew beef,mashed potatoes and garden peas.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I made my potato salad tonight, might have over-cooked the potatoes a little, so it may be a little mushy, but my mother did that about half the time, too. It tastes right, and that's the important part. It may firm up a bit overnight, it's always better the day after it's made anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.