What are you Cooking the Week of May 22, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 22, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not sure what we're doing for supper yet, but I made a half-batch of pastry cream to go with yesterday's chocolate genoise and some more strawberries.

Never made a half-batch before, usually I make at least a double batch. I did use a full egg, but I often use two egg yolks in place of a whole egg in a single batch, and it thickened nicely, which it should, because the yolk has a lot of thickening power.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had leftover acre peas with okra,sliced tomatoes and potato salad.

chocomouse
        Participant

Our dinner was quesadillas which I made with cheddar cheese, sliced onion, thin slivers of ham, and pineapple-mango salsa.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Mike has his priorities straight: plan dessert and then think about dinner!

Dinner on Sunday was black-eyed peas, cooked with a meaty ham bone from the freezer. I sauteed celery and red bell pepper to add to it, along with 2 tsp. reconstituted dried onion, the ham from the bone, and some brown rice. I added ½ tsp. of thyme and some black pepper. It was good for a day when the high temperature was 61F.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had tacos plus dessert:

IMG_0219

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Joan Simpson
              Participant

Mike that dessert looks awesome!
                We had Sloppy Joe's I had mine on top of bread my husband had his over mashed potatoes and we had cole slaw on the side.

chocomouse
                Participant

Dinner was grilled marinated chicken thighs, wild rice, and asparagus.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Joan, sloppy joes over mashed potatoes sound good!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I bet that sloppy joe would be good over polenta as well. The possibilities are endless if we get out of the "bun box."

We did our big shopping trip to the larger town northeast of us on Tuesday, so an easy dinner was ideal. My husband pan-cooked boneless ribs, and I roasted sweet potato chunks that had been tossed in olive oil. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had a lavosh pizza tonight, and some more of the genoise with strawberries, bananas, pastry cream and ganache.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Cwcdesign yes the mashed potatoes and sloppy joe is one of our favorites.BakerAunt I've never cooked polenta,it always looks good in a photo but I've never tried it.

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken,baked potato and coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had fried cube steak,rice and tomato gravy and I cooked some dry lima beans.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

It's 53 and raining here, so I got some vegetable beef soup out of the freezer for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I made yogurt on Wednesday.

For dinner, I made a stir-fry using cooked farro, leftover pork from last night, and celery, carrots, red bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms, kale, and the deglazing from when the pork was cooked last night.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

For supper we had baked chicken,green beans and macaroni and cheese.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.