What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

My husband wanted a baked potato earlier this afternoon so tonight he only wanted a steak and I had the last two hotdogs.He doesn't care for them and I love them.

chocomouse
      Participant

Wednesday dinner was taco salads.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made yogurt on Wednesday.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Dinner on Thursday was Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce, with a salad on the side.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We went with tacos for supper tonight, because there was rain coming so I didn't want to do burgers on the grill.

And we did get a little squall right around the time we ate, and it may rain on-and-off for another hour. We could certainly use the moisture.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made pizza dough yesterday using the KAF Rye flour blend. I used 90 grams each of semolina, rye blend, white whole wheat and 30 grams of AP. A teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of yeast, a splash of olive oil and 200 grams of milk. I added about an ounce of water during the kneading. The dough rose without any issues. I used about 1/3 of the dough for last night's pizza (170 grams) and will make pizza tonight and tomorrow. Last night's pizza was diced leftover pork roast, thin sliced onion, green pepper and a few kalamata olives. Tonight's pizza will be similar but with sausage and no pork roast.

pizza

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                chocomouse
                Participant

We had pizza tonight also; perfectly cooked, so crispy on the bottom and edge, soft and fluffy in the center. I used my home-made salsa as the sauce, with mushrooms, black olives, sliced red bell pepper and onion, spicy Italian ground sausage, cheddar and mozzarella. I also put some spicy hot pizza topping mix into the dough. Your pizza looks great, Len, but I'm just not hungry right now.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

That pizza looks nice, Len. I haven't made a pizza in a while, but now that grilling season is upon us I might start doing some pizzas on the grill, those were really good last summer.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Yummy looking pizza, Len!

Friday night's dinner was roasted chicken thighs, roasted sweet potato chunks, and microwaved broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill tonight.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner this Friday night was grilled boneless pork chops, asparagus, corn and bean salad (aka Cowboy Caviar), and the grilled asiago rounds.

BakerAunt, I love asparagus also!! But the season is quickly coming to an end. I will be making an asparagus frittata to take to my Book Club meeting next week, and hoping to have enough asparagus still to pick for my trip to Maine at the end of the week.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Tomorrow I'm going to make potato salad for Memorial Day. It's best if it ages for a day to let the oil and vinegar soak in to the potatoes.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Steak and potatoes for supper tonight.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I made meatloaf burgers on the grill, had one with a large salad and a slice of blueberry pie (the pie is from Whole Foods).

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had leftover roasted chicken thighs, roasted potato chunks; bulgur cooked in chicken/turkey broth, and microwaved frozen lima beans.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.