What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No immediate plans for supper, might just finish off the pizza and lasagna.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

Grilled chicken breasts, roasted potatoes and fruit salad.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Leftover lima beans with ham and rice will be our Sunday night dinner.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Not sure yet. We are currently deciding based on how few dishes and how little cleanup we can get away with. Will be glad to have the kitchen sink and dishwasher available.

I think I have to buy a new disposal tomorrow as ours has seem to have disappeared. If that's the only thing we are in good shape. We don't need a huge or really powerful one, but would like it to be quiet-er. Any recommendations?

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We've replaced 3 disposals in the last few years (all 20+ years old) for all three we went with some higher end InSinkerator models, they're built to last and really quiet. The most recent one is a Pro 750-4 model. The other two are 1 HP models.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Thanks Mike. Turns out I don't have to get a new one yet (mine's only 2 years old). My contractor has it at his shop.

Chocomouse got me thinking about broccoli and Alfredo so I made a version for dinner with penne, broccoli and chicken sausage. I tried a different recipe for my sauce - it was OK, but I don't think I'll use it again.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight I made Sonny a steak and baked potato I had 2 hotdogs, just what I wanted.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had pork roast, mashed potato, broccoli and carrots.

navlys
                    Participant

This is re: garbage disposal. We discovered our unit in Florida this year did not have a garbage disposal! Of course I complained to my friends in the building. Wasn't expecting the responses I got. One friend's husband is a plumber and he refuses to have a disposal in the house. He said they break down often and are not good for the environment. Several other people didn't find a need for one either. I couldn't wait to get home and run mine. LOL. It really wasn't so bad without one and I was able to find a purpose for the plastic bag collection from the market.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

The last time I made an Alfredo sauce it didn't come out very well, not sure what I did differently or wrong from previous times.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had leftover baked chicken,rice and baked sweet potato.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had salmon and potatoes roasted on the grill, asparagus, and cucumbers with a dill sauce.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had left over lasagna for supper.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We had leftover sourdough pan pizza.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Tonight we shared a T-bone steak done on the grill, with steamed broccoli and some sauteed mushrooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.