What are You Cooking the Week of May 10, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 10, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Thanks, Joan. Good idea, Mike, to put garlic in it. Love garlic! I use it alot. Thank God I've been blessed with no allergies. The farmers market has a bread stand with a great roasted garlic bread with chunks of garlic in it. Hope they open in June but with this pandemic you never know.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I think the downtown farmer's market on Saturdays here is planning to open either this weekend or next. The Sunday one that is a lot closer to us (and has free parking) is still talking about opening in early June.

navlys
        Participant

I marinate my beef tenderloin in Yeri Yeri teryaki sauce and then grill it on grill or grill pan. Never needs anything else.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Our farmers market is open in that one can order from the different vendors on line, then show up at the location to pay and have them move the purchase from their car to yours. I haven't done any ordering yet, as there is not much produce yet, and part of the fun was to be able to go and see what is there.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight I pan fried some cubed steak,green beans and thickened potatoes.

chocomouse
              Participant

BLTs with organic greenhouse tomatoes; not the same as August tomatoes, for sure. Our farmers' market opens this Saturday - masks mandatory and don't handle the produce! Wind is 10+ mph, and going down to mid 20s overnight, so a freeze warning. Tomorrow I plant lettuce and spinach seeds outside.

kimbob
                Participant

Dinner tonight is cooks illustrated best buttermilk pancakes. They are really the best pancakes I've ever made! Of course, butter and maple syrup, bacon and/or breakfast sausage.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

The best pancakes I've ever had were at a pancake chain in Indianapolis. We concluded that there was a splash of orange juice in the batter.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Tonight we had pizza bread made with several day old baguettes that had been sliced lengthwise and some of the pizza sauce I made today, with cheese, artichoke hearts, tomato slices and mushrooms.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had a baked pork tenderloin,mashed potatoes,cooked carrots and a seven layer salad.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

In preparation for the Virtual Pizza Party on Saturday, I made tomato sauce using six Roma tomatoes from the store. As usual, I start by heating some garlic in olive oil, add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt, and cook to break them down and reduce the liquid. I have no fresh garlic, and all they had in the store was the stuff from China, which tastes old to me, so I did not buy it. I used ½ tsp. of Penzy’s dried garlic. I added ½ tsp. sugar late in the process and some freshly grated pepper. That gave me 1 cup of thick sauce, which is enough for a half-sheet sourdough pan pizza.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had taco salad.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We are having burgers on the grill.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Brats for dinner, on the deck, under a tornado watch - almost unheard of in Vermont.

Italiancook
                                Participant

We grilled sirloin steak. Served with frozen broccoli.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.