What are you Cooking the Week of March 5, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 5, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner plans? Naah, not for a few hours, basketball first. Northwestern and Nebraska are both fighting for better positioning in the Big Ten tournament, which will affect their post-season opportunities as well.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made a pot of venison chili, leftovers will go in the freezer.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made stir-fry on Sunday with soba noodles, leftover pork, and carrots, celery, red bell pepper, a few mushrooms, and broccoli.

chocomouse
          Participant

I cooked a pork roast and roasted potatoes and winter squash alongside it in the pan juices.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried cubed pork, stewed squash and thickened potatoes.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had ham steak with pineapple rings and a side dish of macaroni and cheese.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made Baked Blueberry Pancakes with maple syrup and a side of breakfast sausages. This was a new recipe for me, and I'll be making it from now on instead of my usual KAF's Simply Pancakes. The batter is baked in a 9 x 12 or slightly larger pan. It is so much easier than standing over the grill flipping pancakes! And I used twice as many blueberries which were more evenly distributed throughout the batter. The flavor and texture is excellent.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We had venison stroganoff with baby bella mushrooms and peas for dinner.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Some of you must have a lot of venison in your freezers.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

On Tuesday, I made another batch of yogurt. I am loving the ChefAlarm.

I also roasted my last two pumpkins, the latest I have ever done with pumpkins from the fall. They were slightly dryer, which is actually not so bad for making puree.

Dinner on Tuesday was the Oven Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce, which we had with microwaved frozen peas.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had oyster stew tonight.

We have a great friend that keeps us in venison, he's a hunter but they cook very little.He gave us some little sausage that was the same as a Slim Jim and we love those with cheese and crackers.I have hamburger,backstrap,cube steak and sausages some with cheese and some with blueberries.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Venison burgers and sausage are about all the local deer hunters make, a boring use of the meat.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We don't have a lot of sausage, Mike, but wish we had more, with the price of meat what it is today. We get just steak and sausage; last night I used backstrap, the most tender of all the cuts. I think we'll try the sausage on pizza tomorrow night.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

One of my butternut squashes was going bad at the end, so I roasted it on Wednesday, so I removed the bad part before roasting and pureeing it. I am contemplating using it in baking.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken, baked potato and cooked carrots.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.