What are You Cooking the Week of March 1, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of March 1, 2020?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Mike--My cooking post (for Thursday) disappeared. Again. The posts seem to disappear after I edit them, but not always.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I don't know why this only seems to happen to you, but I un-spammed it.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Friday, I made another batch of yogurt.

I also made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey’s Greek Seasoning for dinner. I had been out of Greek Seasoning for a while, so it’s nice to have it in my spice cabinet again.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I made a batch of spaghetti with 20% triticale today. I may have gotten the dough a bit too wet, it rolled out OK but stuck together a little when I ran it through the cutter and a lot of it broke into smaller pieces while cooking.

As to flavor, the triticale wasn't as noticeable in pasta covered with sauce as it is in a baked bread. Then again, triticale has a nutty flavor similar to semolina, so that might have affected things, since the other 80% was semolina. The genetics prof in my wife's department says that triticale's DNA is about 75% from durum wheat and the rest from rye.

I'll try it another time or two, just in case having a little too much water was a major factor in it breaking up. I'm not sure I'd want to go above 20% triticale in it.

We had it with oven cheese toast made with Semolina bread.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Apilinariosilvia, that's a very nice looking pizza, I wish I had your pizza oven!

Yesterday I roasted a salmon fillet. Today I made a pork loin roast and made a sandwich, had it chicken veggie soup, it was so thick it was more like a stew.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Today we had grocery shopping so we had hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and french fries...easy.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Another easy supper for us tonight...taco salad.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had theatre tickets to see Waitress today, so we had lunch downtown. Then after watching a 3 hour musical about pies, we tried to go to our favorite pie shop, but it had already closed for the weekend. So we went to another restaurant/pie shop, had supper, but didn't actually buy any pie.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I've been thinking about pie.

Tonight I had a roast pork sandwich and whipped sweet potato.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.