What are you Cooking the Week of June 5, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 5, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Probably a leftovers day here today.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made Sloppy Joe's we had that over bread and a baked sweet potato.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Dinner on Sunday was roasted chicken thighs. To go with it, for my husband, I roasted some potato chunks tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey's Mural of Flavor and re-heated some leftover peas and carrots. For me and my stepson, I tried a new recipe, from Smitten Kitchen, for Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Lemon Pasta. (My husband is not an asparagus fan.) I made a couple of changes by deleting the lemon. I used 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon in place of 2 tsp. fresh, and I added 1/2 tsp. of dried shallots. I used a 4 oz. package of goat cheese that I had, rather than the 5 oz. the recipe specified. I think it needs a little more of something; perhaps I should have included the lemon zest and/or a bit of lemon juice, but that is not my idea of a hot pasta dish. It went well with the chicken, and I could see adding cooked chunks of chicken to make it a main dish.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made hummus on Monday to eat with the Gourmet Soda Crackers I baked last week. I used chickpeas that I had frozen, and I neglected to drain them, so the hummus is more like a dip than its usual chunky consistency. However, it is still good.

I also made yogurt.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We've got some chicken left, so we'll that plus salad.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Last night we had leftover beef stew topped on rice,garden peas and carrots and buttermilk biscuits.

Tonight I fired up the smoker and smoked pork chops then BBQ sauced them up havily like we like them, with that I made fresh macaroni salad, green butter beans and sliced tomatoes.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Tuesday's dinner was salmon and couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning. We also had a microwaved mix of frozen broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tacos.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We had a cooler day, with thunderstorms and some heavy rain in the afternoon, so Wednesday was a perfect day for beef stew

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I got peas and okra that was already cooked and frozen from the freezer,to that I added a tomato that I had sliced and diced up,some butter beans from last night and a can of okra corn and tomatoes that is mixed and added more sliced okra.I cooked that and it simmered till sorta thick soup and we had a grilled cheese on the side.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Ah, I love creative cooking, Joan! Your dinner sounds good.

Thursday night's dinner was Garden-Style Turkey Meatloaf with Oats [and Spinach]; My stepson and I had more of the Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Lemon Pasta. For my husband, I roasted some potatoes, and he microwaved himself some broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken,scalloped potatoes from a box,lettuce and tomato salad stirred in mayonnaise and leftover beets.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had leftover spaghetti and meat sauce, salad and garlic toast.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill tonight. Might be the last time for this grill, I've got a new one coming in a week.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Friday night we had grilled chicken, wild rice, and squash.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.