What are you cooking the week of June 30, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of June 30, 2019?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

So, what's cooking?

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I baked several chicken thighs using my mom's method -- sprinkle skins with seasoned salt & bake at 350 degrees for one hour. When they were slightly cool, I removed the skins & picked the meat, put it in serving size portions. Then I put those portions in sandwich bags & into a plastic container. A slight heating in the microwave on a plate (without the bag) will be the protein for some meals this week.

I also made Paula Deen's Garden Pea Salad, but I'm going to toss it out. There was a foreign object in the peas, but for reasons I cannot imagine, I went ahead with the recipe. I'll make carrot salad today to replace it.

Last night, I made banana pancakes using one banana that was ready to go south.That was dinner & dinner tonight with the leftover batter. I'm going to make braised, breaded pork chops for lunch today.

BakerAunt
        Participant

It was in the 90s on Sunday, and that is on top of a stretch of hot, humid days, so I wanted a simple dinner. I made a stir-fry with ½ cup bulgur, cooked in 1 cup of water, celery, carrots, green onion, mushrooms, and snow peas from the farmers market. I cut up the last two small slices of pork tenderloin and added the small amount of juices from the dish, with a little water to wash it out. I do like these quick and easy meals.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Monday, I made salmon and couscous with Penzey’s Mural Seasoning. We had microwaved frozen peas on the side.

For Tuesday’s dinner, I roasted chicken thighs seasoned with a bit of olive oil, poultry seasoning, and sweet curry. We had them with lemon-pepper noodles and a salad that included romaine lettuce (hydroponic) from the farmers market on Sunday, a tomato from an Amish lady who had it from her greenhouse, and some lovely green onion from yet another vendor.

We had rain this afternoon, and it cooled our area down nicely--for now.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
            • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
            RiversideLen
            Participant

Just a burger and big salad today. Followed by a small banana split.

chocomouse
              Participant

Dinner tonight was steak shish-ke-bobs with bell pepper and onions, and a marinated bean salad and cole slaw. I marinated the steak pieces in balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic -- nice flavor.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Friday’s dinner was Sloppy Josephines, which we had on Len’s Wheat-Rye-Semolina Buns. Originally, I'd planned to have the SJs for 4th of July, but when I messed up my Oat Wheat Flax Buns, that got delayed.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I'll have to try Len's bun recipe, soon. Our dinner tonight was ribs on the grill, with leftover marinated bean salad and a green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. The lettuce, which I grew in a small planter on the deck, was chewy and a little bitter -- so that's the end of it for us. Sad, as the next planing of lettuce in not ready to eat yet.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had a lavash pizza tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I went tonight got take out from a local BBQ restaurant.Smoked chicken and corn on the cob for me,my husband had smoked chicken and baked beans with coleslaw.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I made hot dogs and burgers on the BBQ yesterday and cole slaw. Sadly, I did not have my own buns and used store bought ones. Tonight's dinner was a left over dog and burger with the remaining slaw. I make my slaw with a lot of carrots and of course, cabbage. I shred it with my KA food processor which makes a very thin slice on the cabbage. I love it that way.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Today we've had lots of rain and thunder storms so a pot of Chili is simmering on the stove.It's cooled down to 74* so chili sounds good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.