What are you Cooking the Week of July 28, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 28, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We're heading into what looks like an extended hot spell, thinking of cooler things to have for meals.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Sunday's dinner was easy: the rest of the turkey-zucchini loaf and the rest of the vegetable farro stir-fry.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We're having tomato and salami sandwiches, and I had some more of the cantaloupe.

I also had a root beer float using the keto ice cream I made a couple of weeks ago and some A&W no-sugar root beer. Pretty good!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had breakfast for supper.Eggs scrambled with spinach and cheese, bacon and raisin toast.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.

chocomouse
              Participant

I've just arrived back home from a week in Maine, and didn't really feel like cooking. So I fixed breakfast sausages and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. There's plenty left for a couple of breakfasts, also.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had Reubens today, that keto friendly rye bread is better every time I use it, and today it came out of the freezer and into the toaster.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I tried a recipe for overnight oats that can be eaten either cold or hot. On Sunday evening, I mixed together ¼ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup milk, ½ tsp. honey (reduced from ¾ in recipe). I stirred in ¼ cup old-fashioned oats, then let it rest overnight in the refrigerator. (I deleted flax seed, 1 tsp. chia seed and ¼ tsp. vanilla.) The next morning, I topped it with ¼ cup fresh blueberries and about 2 Tbs. coarsely broken walnuts. I enjoyed eating it Monday morning. I can see other fruit and nut combinations. If I used dried fruit, I would add it the night before, but I would still wait to add nuts or pumpkin seeds until right before I would eat it.

For dinner on Monday, I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips, which we had with microwaved fresh green beans from our garden. My husband is harvesting the green beans and reports that the plants are full of mosquitoes, a new occurrence for us.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

The mosquitos and midges have been terrible this summer, I usually don't get bitten much but I've been bitten so often I smell like a walking ad for Caladryl.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Rotisserie chicken, potato salad and coleslaw.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I de-seeded the blackberries we picked last week on Tuesday. I have enough for two more batches of jam, and I froze two cups to use for blackberry chia seed jam in the future.

In the evening, I cooked a pot of black-eyed peas. I set some aside for a salad that I plan to make tomorrow and froze containers of the rest for future salads.

We found a good price on a ham at the grocery today, so we had ham sandwiches for dinner, using two buns from the freezer. We also had microwaved broccoli. We had planned to have sweet corn, but there was none at tonight's farmers market. The corn is slow this year.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had planned to have salmon and corn on the cob but my husband has a terrible cold and has been asleep most of the day; we'll have the salmon tomorrow. I sliced up some of the cold grilled Greek chicken thigh I brought back from Mane for a sandwich on sourdough bread my grand-daughter made earlier today. I'm thrilled that she is wanting to bake and cook! This was her second loaf of sourdough, and her slashing is better than mine will ever be.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I had some bagel thins with corned beef and cream cheese. Diane had some soup, even though it's hot it just sounded good to her.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Will made tuna salad that we had with lettuce tomatoes and sourdough crackers (not homemade, but a really good brand we sell). It's too hot for much of anything.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had rotisserie chicken , potato salad and coleslaw.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.