What are you Cooking the Week of July 19, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 19, 2020?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made Minestrone for Saturday night dinner—not the most obvious choice for warm weather. We had a lot of green beans, and I found some lovely yellow summer squash at the farmers market. As onion is bothering my husband, I used 2 tsp. rehydrated dried onion. I added the leftover ground turkey from when we had pizza that I had frozen. It made a nice, light supper.

I'm glad to hear that the "dinner" bread works so well, Cwcdesign. I look forward to trying it when the weather cools down.

I'm sorry to hear that you have now joined the group of people with shellfish allergies. I had heard from another person that this allergy can emerge, even though the eater has been fine with shellfish up until that time. I'm glad that it was no worse.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks with onions and french fries.

Sorry you to hear of your allergic reaction to shell fish cwdesign.My mother was allergic to shellfish but could eat any fish or oyster's and was fine.My brother in law had a reaction to oysters one night and could hardly breathe,throat swelled up had to go to E.R. for shot.Glad you are fine now.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Joan Simpson.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Our younger son developed an allergy to shellfish in his late 20's. He can't eat anything with fish sauce in it either, and these days he just avoids seafood. So of course, he lives in San Francisco, seafood capital of the US.

chocomouse
          Participant

Joan, it wasn't me who had the allergic reaction to shell fish -- that was posted by cwcdesign. Sorry you had to suffer that, cwcdesign - allergies are scary, especially when they are sudden and you've never had a problem in the past.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Thanks for setting me straight Chocomouse,I edited my post.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Thanks everyone. I’d always been thankful I didn’t have the shellfish allergy my mom had - she can eat oysters, clams, scallops, not soft shell. I’ve been taking glucosamine for over 15 years and the doctor didn’t tell me to stop now.so we’ll see. Obviously I won’t be tempting fate.

We had leftovers for dinner.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I went to local BBQ restaurant got a salad and sandwich for us tonight.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.