What are you Cooking the Week of July 19, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 19, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

Thanks, cwdesign, for the recipe for roasted frozen veggies. I mix steamed frozen broccoli with 2 tablespoons butter and keep thinking there has to be a more healthful way to deal with the product. Now I know!

Sorry to hear about the countertop dilemma.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I marinated a boneless chicken breast in Italian dressing,when the pan was hot I seared it on one side,flipped and added the remaining marinade with some thinly sliced onions,that reduced to a good sauce for the chicken,with that we had thickened potatoes with lettuce and tomato salad.I made jello with pineapple juice and pear juice for the cold water part ,I had that with cottage cheese for dessert.

cwdesign those baked beans with wieners and cheese sounds good.And I know you'll be so happy to get the kitchen finished.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had oyster stew.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Cwcdesign--Were these fresh vegetables that you had frozen or did you buy a bag of frozen vegetables? I'm wondering if it would work with any green beans that I freeze.

It has been unseasonably warm in north central Indiana, Chocomouse, and our area is also having all the good rain go around it.

chocomouse
            Participant

We finally got some rain, overnight and a couple of passing showers during the day, for a total of .56 inches. That totals about 1 inch for the month of July so far. To celebrate, I made pizza for dinner!

cwcdesign
              Participant

Thanks for all your condolences.
                This recipe was for frozen bagged vegetables such as Birdseye. I had bought a couple of large bags in March just in case we couldn’t get fresh ones. BakerAunt, I’m sure you could do it with the ones you froze - they’d probably be really good. Beans might need less time. I’d probably check at 10 minutes.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by cwcdesign.
                BakerAunt
                Participant

Waiting for kitchens to be done is equivalent to "camping out." The adventure starts to pale.

Dinner tonight is Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek seasoning, along with microwaved green beans from our garden.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Well, my idea of 'roughing it' these days is a Holiday Inn that doesn't have HBO!

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had hot dogs and my husband had soup with his.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

My idea of roughing it was always a cruising sailboat with a head and a galley.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner tonight was ribs, cole slaw,macaroni salad, green salad, and green and yellow beans. The cabbage, greens, and beans were all from the garden.

Roughing it means boondocking without solar panels.

KIDPIZZA
                          Participant

Dinner tonight was ribs, cole slaw,macaroni salad, green salad, and green and yellow beans. The cabbage, greens, and beans were all from the garden.

My late wife Shiela would say "I do not mind roughing it up... as long as it is at the "HILTON"

Stay safe my friends.

~KIDPIZZA...CASS.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Cass, I think Sheila has the right idea!

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Thursday night I brought a crab cake home from work and it was delicious. However, about an hour later the right side of my face began to swell. I have never had an allergic reaction to shellfish, but my mother has her whole life. Anyway, Will went out and got benedryl and yesterday morning I headed over to Immediate care where they pumped me full of prednisone and gave me a note for 2 days off work. I was so fortunate it was a mild reaction.

Last night we had pesto pasta, grilled chicken tenders and grated carrot salad.

This afternoon Will made the Gruyere Bread from Epicurious that BakerAunt posted a while back. However, he used pepper jack cheese, pineapple chicken sausage and sautéed onions. It is really good, easy and adaptable. It would be great with soup in the winter. We had with leftover salad.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had salami and melon for supper.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.