What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking β€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Looks interesting, but you're right that it is definitely an unusual blend of toppings.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Len and Joan are making me hungry for pizza!

RiversideLen
        Participant

The pizza is all gone, BA. πŸ™‚

The chicken is pretty bland so it just kind of blends in. I used a (from frozen) chicken breast because I was out of sausage. But the chicken was perfect to use with the shrimp as I wanted the shrimp to be the main flavor component. Sausage would have competed with the flavor of the shrimp. Although it's not real common, it's not unusual to see shrimp offered on thin crust pizza in the independent pizza shops in Chicagoland. That is how I discovered it (as a kid) and obtained a taste for it. They usually use the tiny shrimp.

I think tonight is going to be a burger with mashed potato and a vegetable.

BakerAunt
          Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I made roasted bone-in chicken breasts, following the same recipe as I used recently, and again seasoning with Penzey's Justice. I do not know what size the chicken breasts in the recipe at Serious Eats are, but 35 minutes is not long enough. The smaller of the three needed about 40 minutes. The large ones took 50 minutes. I also made a stir-fry with farro and carrots, celery, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and kale from our garden. We also had microwaved green beans from our garden, so lots of vegetables! We will have plenty leftover, so I can focus my time in the kitchen the next few days on other projects.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Salami sandwich and a baked potato. Len I love leftover pizza for breakfast, yours looked good what's not to love about shrimp and chicken.

I miss cooking like I use to do but I'm not cooking very much now...big changes.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had oatmeal for supper tonight, with some blueberries and strawberries in it.

rottiedogs
                Participant

Len - so true about the tiny shrimp on Chicago pizzas. I discovered them on a Friday in Lent when just cheese pizza wasn't going to do. Seems like that is only time I have it that way. I should remember it more often as it is pretty tasty.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

My friend and I went for lunch today so just snack tonight.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had salami and tomato sandwiches today, and the last of the red sweet cherries.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had leftover Sloppy Josephines on leftover Len's buns with leftover coleslaw. Are you sensing a theme? πŸ™‚

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Yes, one of Len's favorites, an easy meal!

How does a sloppy Josephine differ from a sloppy Joe?

I made pasta and meat sauce tonight.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

A sloppy Josephine is made with ground turkey instead of ground beef.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

It's storming here today rain and winds.Today I cooked me some steamed squash with onions,sliced tomatoes and baked potato.I needed vegetables and it was so good.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

It's in the 90's here today and tomorrow, forecast is for 101 on Monday. Maybe that'll start ripening some tomatoes?

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Found 2 tomatoes that are ripening, should be ripe tomorrow or Monday.

We had hot dogs for supper tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.