What are you Cooking the week of January 27, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of January 27, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a thread for this week's cooking. We're working on leftovers here, but I've got a chicken I plan to do something with tomorrow.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Today we had Tuna salad sandwich,pork -n-beans and peach cobbler.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had smoked pork chop,creamed corn,boiled okra and buttermilk biscuits.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner tonight was venison liver, onions, and pan fries with a green salad.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had herbed chicken for dinner, but it was not a big hit with my wife, because one of the herbs I used was savory and she didn't like the taste of it. I've got lunch for the rest of the week, I guess.

chocomouse
              Participant

I love savory! What time is lunch?

navlys
                Participant

I sautéed some onions and peppers and chicken tenders with TJ’s simmer sauce. Yo make it my own I sprinkled several of the spices I bagged before leaving home ( in Fl. for 3 mos.) and it turned out HOt Hot HOT. I guess without the labels you don’t know what your getting.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I made meat ball subs tonight, first time ever. I used a recipe from Smitten Kitchen, and they turned out very tasty, although a bit time consuming to make. I had made whole wheat sub rolls yesterday. I used ground turkey, and made tomato sauce from garden tomatoes in the freezer. I would make them again, but plan to not be making anything else at the same time (Crust Gruyere Loaves).

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For Tuesday night dinner, I made a stir-fry combination of cooked ground turkey, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, green onion, ½ tsp. dried Penzey’s garlic, ¼ tsp. celery salt, black pepper, and half a package of mushroom noodles bought at Aldi’s. My husband liked it. I found it a bit bland, and I think that I’d like it better with some sort of sauce. I thought of trying to make a yogurt sauce but decided that experimenting in a rental kitchen without my usual assortment of pantry items might not be a good idea. The combination was still good, and it gave me the assortment of vegetables that I had been craving.

Navlys--that's why I keep the small sample bottles from Penzey's; they are perfect for travel. Otherwise, write on the baggies. 🙂

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had Cubed pork,rice and tomato gravy and dry lima beans.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner Wednesday night was tomato soup and vegetarian lasagna from the freezer, and the crusty gruyere loaves I made yesterday. Perfect for this snowy, windy, below zero night.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight I used all the left overs for lima bean soup,chopped 2 carrots,1 rib celery,one half cup onion and the tomato gravy cooked that with 2 chicken bullion cubes and a little garlic till soft, added the beans and rice and simmered about an hour.Hit the spot and all the left overs are gone.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had chicken tenders,stewed squash and thickened potatoes.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Yesterday we had steak and potatoes, today we had a broccoli beef stir fry with the rest of the meat.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I roasted cubed Yukon Gold potatoes rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Sunny Paris. I also roasted 6 chicken thighs, which I drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Greek Seasoning, an idea that I got from Chocomouse. Because this oven is so small, and I only had a large rectangular Pyrex dish and a square one, I had to roast the potatoes for an hour, then roast the chicken. As the oven seems not to be heating as high as it is set, I used a temperature of 425F, which worked well. We had microwaved peas as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.