What are you Cooking the week of January 27, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of January 27, 2019?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Today I made a small pot of hamburger vegetable soup with fresh pimento cheese sandwiches.

chocomouse
      Participant

Joan, would you share your recipe for pimento cheese? I love it, but haven't yet found a version I like. It would be so good with your soup, and we eat a lot of soup in the winter.

BakerAunt
        Participant

To go with leftover chicken and potatoes tonight, I sautéed slices of zucchini in olive oil with 1/8 tsp. Penzey's dried garlic and sliced green onions. I added some balsamic vinegar and black pepper at the end. We liked the combination.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I second the request for a recipe for pimento cheese. There's a good locally made pimento cheese in Nebraska, but it has garlic in it, and my wife shouldn't eat it. The Kraft pimento cheese in a jar is OK, but kind of expensive.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Pimento cheese this is the way I learned to make it.I get one half pound of yellow american cheese from deli and get them to cut a chunk not sliced.I take that home and grate that,then I add 1 small jar of diced pimentos that's about 4 ounces with all the liquid- do not drain- then I add about one half cup of mayonnaise maybe more and lots of black pepper and stir up till creamy.When I made mine I ended up with a little over 2 cups.This is the way we use to make it at a school I worked at many years ago.Hope you like it.

chocomouse
              Participant

Thank you Joan, I will try that and have put pimentos on my grocery list. I have about a dozen recipes in my file! Like Mike, I like the kind made by Kraft, but we can find those in the stores only during the the Nov-Dec holiday season.

Our dinner tonight was chicken thighs with Herbs de Provence, baked potatoes, asparagus from the freezer, and green salad. Later on, I'm going to eat one of the Special K bars I made the other day,

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had theatre tickets this afternoon, so we had Blaze Pizza for lunch, and then had it again for supper, since it was a long show (3 hours).

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had Taco Salad tonight.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.