What are you Cooking the Week of February 5, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 5, 2023?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I do have the chili on, but it's for tomorrow, tonight we'll probably have more of the chicken salad I made yesterday.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I noticed that one of my four remaining pie pumpkins had some black on the outside rind, so I went ahead and roasted it and another pumpkin. The inside was fine. That was not how I planned to start my Saturday in the kitchen. I will freeze most of the pumpkin puree.

Around 3:30, I realized that I had not started the stew, and the initial braise of the stew meat is for two hours, so dinner will be later than usual tonight. Sigh.

Follow-up: it was well worth waiting for, as I really nailed the flavor on the liquid. Also, I now thicken my stew with ½ cup quick oats, whirred in the small processor to flour. I put it in a bowl and add enough water to make a slurry, then I stir it into the stew. It is a more nutritious option to white flour or ClearJel.

chocomouse
        Participant

I made chili for my husband to share with his buddies while ice fishing tomorrow. But we ate leftover beef stew for our dinner.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I had roasted salmon, cauliflower and pasta.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.