What are you Cooking the Week of February 5, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking β€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 5, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I used leftover lima beans and made lima bean soup, cut up half an onion,1 rib of celrery,1 carrot added leftover chicken dripping from baked chicken, tomato gravy, after that was tender I added the lima beans and leftover rice.Just right for us two bowls each and no leftovers now.

chocomouse
      Participant

We had burgers grilled on the deck (on an inch of fresh sleet/ice) and fries.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We had leftover pizza and coleslaw.

I roasted and processed a Long Island Cheese Pumpkin today. Details are in the Pumpkin and Squash thread in the cooking section.

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

BA - "leftover" pizza? Is this a new recipe? πŸ˜‰

BakerAunt
            Participant

Aaron--a sourdough pizza in a half-sheet pan has a medium thick crust. There is no way that the two of us could consume the whole pizza at one meal. We usually eat half, then eat the other half for another meal. We do not have your restaurant clientele! πŸ™‚

BakerAunt
              Participant

I cooked a small pot of black beans on Thursday. I used 2 cups dry beans that I had soaked overnight. They needed an hour and a half to cook. I then used them to make Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup. I have plenty for lunches for the rest of the week.

I used up the rest of my ground cumin in the soup, as well as the last of my sherry, so I will need to replace both of those ingredients. I do not use them very often, but they are vital for a few of my favorite recipes. I have looked at Walmart for the sherry but did not find it there, so I may need to brave the local liquor store.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made venison stew for my husband to take to a pot-luck. I had a chicken breast and cauliflower salad.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had onion soup for supper again, that finishes off the first container of it, the other one is in the freezer.

I'm doing chili and cinnamon rolls on Sunday and will do chicken soup some time, too. I may make the chicken broth tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had fried cubed pork, stewed squash and potato salad.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made stuffed peppers yesterday. Tonight I had a pepper, mashed potato and cauliflower.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had chargrilled chicken breast,thickened potatoes and green beans.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I am making chicken stock/broth with a whole chicken plus about 5 pounds of backs. I think that was the last of the 40 pounds of backs I bought a couple years ago, so I'll need to order more at some point if I want to keep using them for stock/broth. (With all those bones it is probably closer to stock than broth.) I should get at least 6 quarts of liquid to freeze, maybe more like 8.

I'm going to use the chicken meat that I pulled off the bones a little while ago for chicken salad for supper.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Friday's dinner was the Oven Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce and the rest of the coleslaw. I also made yogurt today.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Our Friday dinner was chicken thighs, steamed fresh green beans, and cauliflower salad.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

No cooking here on this rainy day ,we had venison chili from the freezer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.