What are you Cooking the week of December 29, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of December 29, 2019?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Oyster stew tonight and it's the first thing my husband has even had a taste for,he seems to be getting better today, still has a hard time getting a good breath.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I had rotisserie chicken, I made whipped sweet potato and Brussels sprouts.

Italiancook
        Participant

After I started a pot of beef broth, I made Bouef Bourignon (sp?). The former is for the freezer. The latter is for tomorrow's dinner.

chocomouse
          Participant

I have a pot of split pea soup with ham simmering on the stove for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight I made taco salad and my husband ate pretty good,very happy about that.I think the meds have started him back on track.Thankful.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Thanks for sharing the good news with us, Joan.

navlys
                Participant

I finally got around to baking that German Pancake (from Cook's Illustrated) with an apple and blueberry topping. I did not have the 12' non stick pan just a regular 12 inch pan that had high sides. Peeking through the oven window I could see failure. Only one side of the pancake rose and the bottom looked undercooked. Because we had no alternative my husband and I ate the pancake without relish. The topping was fine as were the sausages I served. I don't think I'll try it again.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I prepared chicken meatballs (pre made, frozen), made sauce from canned San Marzano tomatoes. Had it with Ziti.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.