What are you Cooking the Week of December 11, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 11, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Joan, so good to know that your husband is doing better! Your good cooking is helping him a lot!

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The only veal I could find for dinner tomorrow (veal marsala) was a bone-in loin chop, so I took it off the bone and am making some veal stock with the bones, I'll use that in the sauce tomorrow. It won't quite be demi-glace, but it'll be good.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had leftover vegetable beef soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

Chocomouse I am so happy he is so much better.Thank you.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Your wife will have a fabulous birthday dinner, Mike.

On Thursday, I used the leftover mashed butternut squash to make soup by adding some chicken broth, yogurt, and sweet curry. It made lunch for tomorrow as well.

For dinner, we had leftover beef stew and the Seeded Squash Bread.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I used the bones from the veal to make something close to brown sauce, so the veal marsala should be really good, because I normally just use beef stock.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Friday s dinner was mostly assembled from leftovers. I cooked bulgur in some of the chicken broth I made earlier this week, while I sauteed chopped celery in avocado oil, then added the leftover butternut squash, a bit more broth, and the chicken. I added some parsley and some dried sage and thyme. I mixed in the cooked bulgur, added a bit of pepper, and I had dinner for two.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We went to a Christmas party this afternoon and there was so much food we don't feel we need a big supper, so the veal marsala will be for tomorrow. I did put the meringue on the pie, I'll probably have a salad as well.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

Happy Birthday to Mrs.Diane, the Christmas party sounds like y'all had a nice time!

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I had roasted salmon and potatoes, steamed broccoli. I have salmon left for tomorrow's lunch.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had leftover vegetable beef soup and pimento cheese sandwiches.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

The veal Marsala was excellent, the cooked roux in the brown sauce adds a distinctly nutty flavor to the sauce. We had it on wide noodles, with a side of steamed broccoli, followed by a slice of chocolate cream pie with a little caramel sauce drizzled on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.