What are you Cooking the week of December 1, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of December 1, 2019?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight it's slaw dogs and home cut french fries.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We ate the rest of Brunswick Stew tonight,glad it's gone.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had burgers on the buns I made this morning. My husband cooked them on the grill, with the temperature at 10* and going down to 0 tonight.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Friday night dinner was the soup I had made earlier in the week and stashed so that when we returned from our trip to Spring Mill, we would have it in the refrigerator.

On Saturday, I made our old standby, Salmon and Couscous, this time with ½ tsp. Penzey’s Forward (a no-salt seasoning). It works nicely.

skeptic7
            Participant

On Thursday, I made cranberry orange sauce, this time putting in the correct amount of water. On Friday I canned 4 cups of it in half pint jars in a boiling water bath. Three of them sealed correctly the first time around, the last one was processed for a second time and it too sealed correctly. I've done spicy cranberry chutneys before but this is the first time I canned a true cranberry sauce.
              I used three pans of boiling water for this. One small sauce pans to boil the lids, a large sauce pan to boil the jars, and the largest stock pot to do the actual canning. I am so glad that I am not doing this in the summer.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.