What are you Cooking the week of August 21, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of August 21, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made Buttermilk Cole Slaw on Wednesday. We had some for dinner, along with boneless pork ribs pan-cooked by my husband and more sweet corn.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Tonight we're having the steak and corn, we put it off yesterday because my wife had a late afternoon massage appointment and we needed something quick for supper afterwards.

chocomouse
        Participant

We grilled salmon and potatoes, and had leftover broccoli salad.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I chargrilled a chicken breast,made scalloped potatoes with cheese, carmelized onion, bacon and green beans.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I think we're probably having tacos tonight.

chocomouse
              Participant

Dinner tonight was pizza. I decided to not make our usual thick-crust, loaded pizza, but to try the Neopolitan thin-crust recipe from from KABC's Pizza School. The crust was good, but the toppings were a bit charred from trying to get the bottom of the crust brown and crispy. That is a function of my misbehaving oven. I rarely bake in it any more, choosing to use my Breville countertop oven. However, the Lodge cast iron pizza pan that I love, and that gives great results, is a little too big for the Breville.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Our Thursday dinner was leftover pork, leftover roasted potato chunks, sweet corn, and more fresh green beans from our garden.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Fried cubed pork,rice and gravy and stewed squash with onions.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Fried chicken,macaroni and cheese mixed greens, sliced tomato , corn bread and pear salad.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had grilled hamburger patties, corn on the cob, broccoli salad, and a tomato-cucumber-onion salad. We got a horrendous thunderstorm with heavy winds and pouring rain this afternoon, .70 inches of water. My garden will look green and happy tomorrow. Me, too!

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had the last of the NY strip steak, the last of the corn on the cob, some sauteed mushrooms, and cinnamon rolls for dessert.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Chocomouse--My husband, who loves to watch weather everywhere, told me today that my friend in Vermont was going to get some good rain.

We had an assortment of leftover pork, coleslaw, potato chunks, and sweet corn. I will need to do some fresh cooking tomorrow.

I made yogurt today, after having a difficult time finding 1% milk locally. I found it on our once every three- or four-weeks grocery run to the larger town northeast of here. I was pleased that that brand also is fortified to 300mg calcium per cup instead of 250mg.

chocomouse
                            Participant

BakerAunt, I'm so glad your husband is looking out for us!! The .70 inches saved us from watering the garden, but I don't know that it was enough to make a dent in the drought. Hopefully with the onset of meteorological fall next week, the weather patterns will change, but who knows these days what Mother Nature has in mind for us.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We're having Taco salad.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Dinner on Saturday was Baked Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce (recipe is here at Nebraska Kitchen), which we had with coleslaw. I have not made the fish and chips for a while because cod was not available in the stores. It now seems to be back, so perhaps it is seasonal.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.