What are You Cooking the Week of April 7, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of April 7, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

To go with the pork chops my husband will cook this evening, I am cooking a package of black-eyed peas. I soaked them overnight and well into the mid-afternoon before putting them on to boil, then simmer. We will have microwaved broccoli on the side. I will freeze some of those black-eyed peas.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I haven't done any baking or cooking today, because I was up until the wee hours of the morning trying to fix the site, and at it for another 5 hours today.

I think supper is leftover meatloaf anyway.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made a small pot of chili and we had a hot dog with it.

Italiancook
          Participant

Thanks for the sacrifice, Mike.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Been doing a lot of cleaning today and mopped everything so I'm pooped.No cooking here today Banana sandwich and a glass of milk.

BakerAunt
              Participant

My husband went down on Monday with a sinus attack, so I was on my own for dinner last night (and probably for tonight as well). I pulled out some frozen black beans and some frozen meat drippings (beef? pork? The label is missing.) I had some leftover ground turkey from last week’s pizza. I added chopped onion, diced garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, celery, an orange bell pepper. I used ½ tsp. chili powder, about 1/8 tsp. old cayenne, and ¼ tsp. cumin. It was acidic, so I added 1 Tbs. of sugar. I also added some additional dried onion. I don't like a lot of hot spices, but it could have used more.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had chili and a hot dog.

BakerAunt wishing your husband well those sinus will get you down quick.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thanks, Joan. I was on my own again last night for dinner, so I had some of the leftover black-eyed peas and made a half sandwich with part of a pork chop. I may be on my own again tonight, although my husband has been out of bed more today than yesterday. I credit the OTC medication he sent me to CVS to fetch.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had beanie-weanie tonight.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I had soup and a burger tonight.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Last night I had a tomato sandwich and glass of milk,tonight it's sloppy joe's and corn chips.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Well, originally I was planning spaghetti with oven toast, but the Vienna bread ran into some snags, so we're having lavash pizza instead.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight I had a hamburger and corn chips ,my husband had soup and a sandwich.

chocomouse
                              Participant

My husband grilled chicken on the smoker for dinner, and I made risotto with asparagus, and broccoli salad.

navlys
                                Participant

It's" let get rid of the food in the freezer" week. I marinated some boneless chicken thighs in teriyaki sauce then baked them after adding some honey and sesame oil. I had mozzarella in the 'fridge so I topped the thighs with the cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking. Not necessarily the healthiest meal on the planet but it sure was a pleasure to consume.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.