What are you Cooking the week of April 28, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of April 28, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

The first of the local farmer's markets opened today, but it's a cold day for it, the over night lows were in the 30s and the high isn't supposed to be in the mid 50's.

So I'm thinking something warm for supper.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

No cooking here,left over meatloaf sandwich and corn chips.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We have leftovers for tonight, which I consider good planning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Our town had a twice-monthly farmers' market this winter. Any produce was gone by December. We do have a local chocolatier who makes beautiful artisan chocolates, which, SOB, I have resisted. There is a local meat producer, a jam maker, local honey, muffins and dessert items, and of course lots of crafts. Microgreens have appeared, but I'm not sure what to do with them. There were also eggs, even goose eggs. The market is on a brief hiatus before opening for the season the Saturday before Mother's Day.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by BakerAunt.
          chocomouse
          Participant

Tacos for dinner!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Spaghetti with meat/mushroom sauce and oven cheese toast here.

Italiancook
              Participant

BakerAunt, I've seen microgreens used as garnish on TV cooking shows. I don't recall seeing them used inside cooked food. I just thought they looked cute as garnish.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made a very thin pizza with a little pepperoni. For the dough I used some semolina, rye, white whole wheat and KA Italian style flour. The Italian style flour allows the dough to be stretched/rolled out very thin. It's very compliant with no snap back.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thanks, Italian Cook. If garnish is their only use, I probably won't be using them. My husband is more concerned with having the food on the table than with how it looks, although every now and then I try to drag him into more of a fine dining experience.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Sausage and blueberry pancakes for dinner!

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I got some nice spinach at the farmer's market yesterday, so we had spinach salad with tuna and egg tonight.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had cubed pork,green butter beans and I used left over squash to make a squash casserole.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight I fried a boneless chicken breast,left over green beans and red potatoes and macaroni and cheese.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made sloppy joes last night. That will be tonight's dinner too.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Tonight we're doing a lavash pizza

navlys
                                Participant

We had roasted tomato and feta shrimp from "my recipes". I served it over Tj's lemon pepper pasta . Very nice. Next time I will only use 1/2 of the pasta pkg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.