What are you Cooking the week of April 28, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of April 28, 2019?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Left over pork tenderloin,fried okra and potato salad.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We had leftover rotisserie chicken, microwaved frozen lima beans, and "mushroom" noodles from Aldi's, which I fixed up with sliced mushrooms sautéed in a bit of olive oil and then the defatted drippings from the rotisserie chicken.

Italiancook
        Participant

Grilled cheese tonight with fontina and mozzarella. I've been cleaning out the freezer, so most of what I've cooked in the last 2 weeks have been frozen soups.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I'm making broth from the remains of the rotisserie chicken. I plan to roast cubed sweet potatoes--glazing them with maple syrup halfway through the time--to go with pork my husband plans to cook tonight. We will microwave frozen peas on the side.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by BakerAunt.
            Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,sour cream mashed potatoes and garden peas with left over carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Simple here tonight,my husband had a hamburger steak and baked potato,I had a hamburger on light bread.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had boneless chicken breasts marinated in Italian dressing along with thin cut onions sauteed,left over green butter beans and creamed corn.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tacos tonight. I'm also using my immersion circulator today to prepare a batch of cocoa butter silk, which is used to quickly temper a batch of chocolate.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

On Saturday afternoon, I cooked 2 ½ cups of dried lima beans that I had begun soaking Friday night. (I drained them first, then added fresh water.) I used these to make “Pizza Beans,” a recipe from Smitten Kitchen Every Day, which is also on Deb Perelman’s Smitten Kitchen website. The amount of beans is my estimate, and it works well. I put in the whole bunch of kale. I also add browned ground turkey, in deference to my husband. I cut the amount of mozzarella in half, and I use low-fat. I do the final baking in a lasagna pan. The recipe has become a favorite of ours.

Italiancook
                      Participant

Breakfast for Lunch. Dinner: Spaghetti with olive oil & garlic sauce.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.