What are you Cooking the Week of April 21, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 21, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Another day, another dinner to figure out. :sigh:

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

My husband grilled some Porterhouse steaks which I salted and let rest for about 45 minutes before they hit the fire. I served them with roasted baby potatoes and a chopped salad. Glad the steaks were on sale because they were delicious.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I'm making another batch of baked custard today. I think we're having left-over coq au vin for supper.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

Sunday dinner was roasted chicken thighs. To go with the chicken, I sauteed 8 oz. mushrooms and combined them with some turkey gravy from the freezer and leftover rice. We had microwaved frozen peas as well.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I had 2 hotdogs and yogurt.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I fired up the BBQ for the first time this year and made pork tenderloin. Had it with brown rice (Minute Rice, cooks in 10 minutes), baked beans, fresh green beans and carrots (cooked with a slice of chopped up bacon).

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Roast beef and gravy with a baked potato.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For Monday's dinner, we had leftover roasted chicken thighs and leftover rice with mushrooms and gravy but with microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had big salads for supper, with some bacon and hard boiled eggs.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

BBQ egg rolls from Sonny's so good.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We're having mozzarella crust pizzas again, this has become our 'go to' meal, like macaroni and cheese used to be.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

On Tuesday, I made Butternut Squash soup with frozen puree and frozen apple juice (left over from applesauce) and frozen turkey broth. I use Penzey's Now Curry, which gives the soup great flavor. I had some with lunch today, set some aside for two more lunches, then froze four single servings for future lunches.

For dinner we had raw carrots and ham sandwiches on the Rye/Whole Wheat/Semolina buns I baked in the early afternoon. we bought the ham at Aldi's last week, for a great price, as they were selling out their current stock.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made tostadas with leftover pork tenderloin. Had it with mashed potato and broccoli and carrot.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I had roast beef and gravy over toast and a baked potato.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're having steaks tonight, with sauteed mushrooms and (possibly) a small baked potato.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.