What are You Cooking the Week of April 16, 2017

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of April 16, 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Here is the new thread. For Easter dinner, I will be making a Maple-Glazed Pork loin, mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans for Easter dinner, along with homemade applesauce that I had in the freezer.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

On Wednesday, I made Dilled Salmon and Couscous for dinner.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Since we were working all Easter weekend, I made deviled eggs and baked ham and cheese sliders for dinner Easter night. We've decided that the King's Hawaiian rolls are too sweet for us (they were on sale). On Tuesday, I made the honey garlic chicken in my new slow cooker. It cooks hotter than my old one, but I don't mind - I was always adding time to the old one. I used low sugar ketchup which I liked better. I need to try it again with less sauce

BakerAunt
          Participant

For dinner tonight, I made Shepherd's Pie. The base recipe came from Martha Stewart, but I have modified it, and continue to modify it. For the topping, I used the leftover mashed potatoes from our Easter dinner, mixed with some cream to soften them up.

RiversideLen
            Participant

On Easter Sunday I made some deviled eggs, I filled half of the eggs with the deviled yolks and the other half of the eggs I filled with tuna salad.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For lunch today, I made butternut squash soup. I had about 2 cups of pureed squash in the freezer, I had a cup of chicken/turkey stock. I added 1/2 tsp. of Penzey's Now Curry, and I added some leftover heavy cream (not too much).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.